Help - English > Which direction?

Which direction?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
210897.9 in reply to 210897.8
Date: 2/18/2012 11:21:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
YOure starting the same topics over and over again every day 10 new topics in the help by you and youre told the same thing over and over again.

Not only are you rude, you are very wrong. I've not started a thread on here in way over a week, maybe two weeks, and I've never asked this question on the forums.

This Post:
210897.10 in reply to 210897.7
Date: 2/18/2012 11:26:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a buddy that just promoted from the league you are in, you actually took his place. Looking at the top four teams in your division yes they have good players, but they all have one problem. They don't know how to manage game shape. Looks like you could use some help in that department as well. I have found you have a huge advantage if you manage first enthusiasm (which it looks like you have figured that out), but also game shape. Look at my last game http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/42765695/boxscore.aspx , I played someone that at some positions has better players than I do, but much worse game shape, and I blew him out.

Also with 800k you can buy one great player or two good players, and after you sell the ones on your roster that you replace you will be fine financially.

I promoted to div IV last season, and made it to game 3 of the championship. Not to toot my own horn, but I just managed gameshape and enthusiam and did pretty well.
Thanks for the info.

I've actually did pretty well in controlling game shape in the past, but I blew it up to start this season because I lost the first couple games and then decided to go ahead and burn my guys out by trying to win my cup game and get certain guys some training minutes, which I did.

But yea, I agree, better game shape would help my guys. When it's just two league games per week and then a scrimmage, I control my game shapre pretty well. But I messed it up the last two weeks trying to both win and train.

I also have done pretty well in the past on enthusiam, but again, I blew it up early this season just trying to win a game. But it's not worked, and probably set my team back even further.

Again, thanks for the info and opinion, it is greatly appreciated.

This Post:
210897.11 in reply to 210897.3
Date: 2/18/2012 11:28:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
haha actually i havent been in any other league higher then V. I just have gained a lot of info from three different mentors and it sucks being in V. league. BTW don't let these other people get to you, your fine asking questions. Thats how you learn the game better. They are just kinda over-reacting Hopefully we can be in the same IV next year ;)

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
Message deleted

This Post:
210897.13 in reply to 210897.12
Date: 2/18/2012 11:33:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Dude just chill. I dont see why this upsets you so much.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
210897.14 in reply to 210897.12
Date: 2/18/2012 11:37:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes probbably 6 months you havent asked the same question over and over.dont make me search the forum
1st only americans have great offsite with great info there and tools i bet youve never oppened it.
2nd As i sad youre lazy there are 10 basics thing in the game and there are very abstruct topics about them
3rd Help - English topics 11725 replies 85980
4- you are supporter there is a search option you know ?

Right. I agree with you. I have not asked the same question over and over. This is the first time I've asked this question. Go do all the searching of the forums you want.

I'm sorry I've upset you so bad with my question. It was not my intention. I was just trying to make a better decision for my team by getting other opinions. This thread would have been just fine without your rudeness. As you can see, you are the only one that is bothered by my question.

I apologize to you for whatever I've done to you to make you treat me like this. Now please let me have a conversation on here without you interupting it with something that is off-topic. Thanks.

This Post:
210897.15 in reply to 210897.11
Date: 2/18/2012 11:47:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hopefully we can be in the same IV next year ;)

Why? So you can get in on beating up on my team like these other teams are :)

After going 20-2 last season, it's hard to swallow an 0-3 start to this season, so I'm probably jumping the gun on even thinking about giving up on this season so early.

This Post:
210897.16 in reply to 210897.2
Date: 2/18/2012 11:55:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In two of your three losses, the other team played with higher attitude (TIE, NORM, CT) then you and the games were still decently close

This may be the best point made in this thread. I never really considered this before.

This Post:
210897.17 in reply to 210897.15
Date: 2/18/2012 11:56:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I started 0-3 in my first season in D.IV and wound up 9-13, in 6th place and blew out my relegation opponent. Last season I went 13-9, in 4th place. The point is, you can turn your season around. You just need to manage enthusiasm, Gs and with that 800k, buy make some good additions and you should survive your first season in D.IV.

This Post:
210897.19 in reply to 210897.18
Date: 2/19/2012 12:14:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
im too lazy to look at all the teams in your league.

You shouldn't have said that, because this person above is going to start attacking you now for being lazy like me :)

im too lazy to look at all the teams in your league but; I dont know what your goals are for this game long term, I dont really have any goals so I play long term..so this is how I would think if I was in your shoes..

1. Looking at the teams in your conference, do you know for sure you can finish 6th or 7th?

if yes then on to #2.

2.Looking at the teams in the other conference, predict who will finish 6th and 7th. If you were to play them in relegation match, with or without home court, with top end enthusiasm and great gameshape for your players, do you know for a fact you would get absolutely face stomped?

Most iv's are bot infested as well, along with a ton of players that dont manage gameshape and enthusiasm, so I dont think you will have a problem staying if you want to.

Long story short, you're gonna have to increase your arena size, while remaining competitive, while retooling your team, sell those old players before they become completely worthless so you at least get some money back, think about getting better trainees long term and shift to single position training next season if you can net a good trainee.

Remember, crappy arena means you cant afford good players, and good trainers to train your young players. Which makes it pointless to buy a good trainee if you cant afford a decent staff trainer for him while also funding your roster. And a good doctor goes a long way, unless you want consistent injuries to players which will ruin their gameshape, causing you to never be a good team.

My goals long term are to make it to the highest level of this game.

Yes, without doubt, I could finish 6th or 7th. I still think I can finish higher, but at this point I also feel like I could end up being a total flop.

You said most IV's are bot infested. Not the one I'm in. There are zero bots, and last time I checked, every team had been online in the last day or two. I wish there were some bots in my league.

And yes, I know I need to make my arena bigger. I have 1,000 bleacher seats that are supposed to finish in 1 day,so I will be at 7000 bleachers or my next home game. And I plan to continue building all season long. I've alread added 2,500 bleachers and some other seasons since promoting to D4.

I currently have a Level 4 trainer, and I think my training program has gone well. Last season I had two trainees get 11+ pops each, and that was two-position training. One of them got 13 pops.

As for injuries, I have to say this because I'm going to jinx myself, but I've played in three seasons now (S17, S18, and S19) and I've had only one injury, and it was for one week. So I've been lucky there.

Thanks very much for your info. It is appreciated.

Advertisement