BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > The main three things that will make this game break the ~50K users limit

The main three things that will make this game break the ~50K users limit (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
214199.9 in reply to 214199.8
Date: 4/9/2012 5:10:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I had been part of a draft for 4 seasons.
I got three Perenial Allstar, and one MVP playerI invested 10K per week each season, and selling the first one (and probably the one that I'll gain less from all) basically covered that up.

I guess that the NBA teams are fools to invest on scouts, and users here who do that are just as much, and it is a total supprise that they do that and making money out of it.

Not investing a dime means that you will always get more than what you had invested, and once in a while you have chance to hit the jackpot.

The old users cannot say that they are not gaining more assets per season, as the tycoons cannot say that they are not gaining assets when they buying another company and paying salaries to those employees.

This Post:
214199.11 in reply to 214199.10
Date: 4/9/2012 5:24:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Seems you have been in some pretty inactive leagues then. I have not much to show for my drafts. i have gotten 3 p.allstars i think and nothing above that. The best on is still in my team and will probably be for as long as i play this game.
I seldom have gotten money back from the draft though. It gets brutally harder to grab a good player the higher up you get. I guess you'll notice that your self soon enough.
I got those four players on two drafts, on one of them I've finished first (DIV-IV).
The other two on last season where I've chossen 15 out of 16 teams... do the math.

This Post:
214199.14 in reply to 214199.12
Date: 4/9/2012 5:47:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah and i still stand firm that you'll notice ones you go higher that those players are a rarity for most teams. The lower ranked teams in a higher league may get a good player out of the draft. Getting one with a late pick is pretty much impossible.
Season 18 had eleven players with P.-allstar or other.
Those who invest on draft, and those who uses it smartly will improve their chances to get the good ones.
If some of the teams below me will think that it is a waste of time to invest on scouting it will assist me. So continue and try to persuade that draft is a waste of money.
I will keep making money out of it.

This Post:
214199.16 in reply to 214199.15
Date: 4/9/2012 6:08:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And some drafts has nothing but 3-4 p.allstars. When your a lot of managers fighting for them getting one may be hard. Even finding one to for that sake.
Draft-16 I was part of - 10 players with P.-Allstar or above.
Draft-17 I was part of - 9 players with P.-Allstar or above.
Draft-18 I was part of - 11 players with P.-Allstar or above.
Draft-19 I was part of - just 6 players with P.-Allstar or above.

When some users are not even trying to get them, the chances are higher.

There is one more thing that gives more chances for one team over the others, even when they are a succeeding team, but I would not write it down of course. No reason to open my cards... [of course I mean something legitimate and part of the game].

In addition - allstar players (and even those with less potential) has value as well. I've sold an allstar with basically not much training for more than 100K$.

The bottom line - one who does not invest on the draft can still just get profit from it.
The one who will invest... will make even more (if doing it wisely).

This Post:
214199.17 in reply to 214199.16
Date: 4/9/2012 7:57:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd suggest that mismanagement of nations with fewer users than 100, and the reticence in improving basic mechanics for new user entry have a far greater impact than any problem regarding "ebay players".
This game loses more new members than it retains, merely because of the situation many new users get thrown into.

http://with-malice.com/ - The half-crazed ramblings of a Lakers fanatic in Japan
This Post:
214199.19 in reply to 214199.18
Date: 4/10/2012 10:04:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The #1 issue to growth/lack of retention was probably instability in previous seasons. BB has gotten much much better and some people should give them some kind of credit for that. Marin has been a big factor in this, I think he deserves some love for getting this game more stable. I say that will crossed fingers though...there is always a possibility of issues arising again...
Anyway the BBs are probably smart to manage their bottom line by putting what resources they put into the gamei nto bug fixing and stability.
This is what you think, and it even might be a factor, but it is surely not explaining how on current season the numbers are just the same.
This probably proves that the performance issues had been mainly annoying, and should have been dealt with, but it might not be the reason for the community growth question.

Advertisement