This Post:
220466.9 in reply to 220466.8
Date: 6/20/2012 3:38:35 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
exactly. That's what make teams great. You can get NT prospects with it. It may force you to go to the TL for a great guy. And it may just clonk a team with no luck. Like last season I only got a guy's star rating and he was a HOF and he gone to another team all beacuse SOMEONE told me to play the guessing game!

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
220466.11 in reply to 220466.10
Date: 6/20/2012 10:09:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I definitely don't like this idea. It just increases the incentive for teams to tank. At least now the notion that tanking will get you a great draft pick is not 100% guaranteed, so there's risk involved in trying to land a great player. Not to mention the fact that you will have to spend a decent amount of money to scout sufficiently to get that good player, and even then, when you pull him, there is the chance that he has a poor skill distribution (think, a 5 star guy labeled as an SF, who despite great JS and RB has totally crappy OD/IS/ID).

In fact, I think given these uncertainties and the cost of adequate scouting, teams tanking with the idea they will definitely land a great draftee are probably mistaken.