BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Injuries during a Walkover/Forfeit

Injuries during a Walkover/Forfeit (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
261736.9 in reply to 261736.8
Date: 7/31/2014 1:35:24 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
In a walk over there is no game. So why players are getting training minutes?

Because if you didn't get training minutes, you'd be punished for someone else forfeiting. So in essence, the answer to your question is the same as the answer to why you shouldn't get injuries in a game that doesn't occur.

I wasn't going to respond to the other EGM, there's no point, but discuss with one, you may as well discuss with two.

So you mean the BBs not changing injuries during walkovers when the people complain about that, going back to the dark times of BB while changing how BLU is working and will work show that injury during WO is a bug and BLU is intentional. That's an interpretation.

How is removing injuries during walkovers going back to the dark times of BB? I don't even know what you mean by the dark times.
I can't really respond to your comment about changing BLU shows injuries are a bug. I didn't say it did.

This Post:
261736.12 in reply to 261736.10
Date: 7/31/2014 3:23:02 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Thanks to both you and Nickleon for those explanations. As I said before we don't agree on the logic, but there's no point in my repeating my earlier post.

This Post:
261736.13 in reply to 261736.8
Date: 7/31/2014 4:10:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
why you asking me I'm not a BB GE programmer. I think its silly. If there no game, give the team who set hosently 48+ mins . no pts.. problem solved.

How is injuries a risk when there's no game.. the game should give the minutes to the fair team as a bonus.. the players should not be playing period. Again a cop out answer.

This Post:
261736.15 in reply to 261736.11
Date: 7/31/2014 5:44:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Only thing impossible during a WO is 48+, everything else is. It's even easier to manage GS minutes with a WO.

At least, 48+ in a single position. You can certainly get 53 minutes of training for two position training for one player by setting him as starter, backup, reserve at one training position and then backup at the other. I suppose in theory you could get one player 51 minutes and another 47 in a three position training by having one be starter and backup at position 1 and backup at 2, while another is starter+backup+reserve in position 3 and reserve in position 1 and 2. Granted, you'd probably need to have a very unique situation to do that (end of season auto-scrimmage against a league opponent with five guys needing one last bit of training in a skill, maybe).