BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > NT and U21 eligible at the same time?

NT and U21 eligible at the same time?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
317331.9 in reply to 317331.8
Date: 12/14/2022 5:38:18 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
I disagree (as do the masses based on the poll), but you are more than welcome to voice your opinion.

Well, I also disagree. I agree with you that "first come, first serve" isn't the ideal solution. And it's not always easy if the U21 and NT managers disagree and don't work together. But to be honest: even in micro-nations it won't be every day that you have players like those two 100k players that could both play u21 and NT. We did have one guy (Scott Broszeit (22633131)) in Germany who could make the transition right away (or very shortly after) into the senior NT even though our NT isn't too weak. And I remember one player from Hanguk who is their all time leader in games and rebounds who did make the team at age 22. But both times, the U21 benefited more from those 21y olds player for those teams than for the NT.

And (even though I wasn't playing BB back in season 6/7), there were a couple of young very good players and the nt/u21 collaborated and released two players (Anichtopodis and Motte) after the u21 final (4822) against spain to play in the NT finals (also against spain (4891)) 3 days later.

So what I'm trying to say: it's possible to work out solutions. And: in my opinion it's not really realistic if a player plays two games at once (happening eg during allstar-game and BBM-matches). I like it that BB is trying to be quite realistic (even though the game changes and not all convinced about the implementation of the GDP as a solution instead of balancing the tactics in a better way ...)

Still, I love this game and I'd like it if there would be a solution. But not one where a player can play both for the nt and the u21 at the same time ...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
317331.11 in reply to 317331.10
Date: 12/14/2022 6:01:18 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for your thoughts! It was a nice little history dive as well!

Thanks for reading them. I guess we can all agree that it's important to continue to improve the game and make (and discuss) suggestions. And it's great to have CM-Alonso who has a lot of ideas on his own agenda and takes everything that we suggest into consideration and helps develop the game from our point of view. Even though I like the skills without the numbers, I like the option to add them (quite helpful if you scout players as an NT/ U21 manager). And this has been an ongoing discussion since I started playing BB, I guess. Great that it finally got the (realatively) easy solution.

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
317331.13 in reply to 317331.12
Date: 12/15/2022 4:38:12 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
In my mind, if a player is good enough to help the senior NT, he's probably a great U21 player and he can help the U21 win games. On the other hand, if your senior NT needs an U21 player, it probably means that you can't hope to win anything. So U21 NT should have priority.

I think you got a pretty good point there. And even if U21 is given priority to calling up players, it won't affect much even if it's abused in the way I mentioned above, because the NT is understrength in the first place to do benefit from a roster change. Priority to U21 should be a better option.

This Post:
317331.15 in reply to 317331.14
Date: 12/15/2022 5:59:57 AM
Hortatus
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
From my humble point of view these things can only happen in small countries and in this historical moment.
Before Utopia's dual citizenship, small nations had a very small drafting area. And it often happened that we had to train players with ridiculous potential to be able to bring them into national teams.
With the advent of dual citizenship, many more players with decent potential have arrived in small countries, moreover almost always in the hands of managers with above-average experience.
So it would be a question of changing a common sense rule for a small number of seasons. In my opinion it's not worth it.
As noted by others, it is not said that the "best" players of the U21s change the results of the senior national team in an overbearing way.

Anche tu a caccia di "Riconoscimenti"?! Vieni in federazione: Achievements hunters (fedid=19269) (solo per supporter, se non lo sei e hai dubbi chiedi pure, spero di poter esserti di aiuto)
This Post:
317331.17 in reply to 317331.16
Date: 12/19/2022 5:18:32 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
A player in very rate circumstances can already play in two games at the same time if the transfer between clubs is timed a certain way, so the issue of a player playing u21 and senior games seems a non issue.

Also the games are quite often not taking place at the same time though I'd say that was a less compelling argument than my first statement

This Post:
317331.18 in reply to 317331.17
Date: 12/19/2022 5:32:09 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Games taking place at the same time can be pretty common actually. For example, this season more than half of my schedule clashes with the senior NTs.

Plus, I brought up the issue of NT vs U21 games (we literally organize them every season) and in such cases you'd potentially have the player starting the game on both ends and even guarding himself.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 12/19/2022 5:32:35 AM