Suggestions > Eliminate Shotblocking

Eliminate Shotblocking

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
38060.9 in reply to 38060.7
Date: 7/6/2008 12:46:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess what I'm saying is that it either should be eliminated or have more effect in the game.

Yeah, I think the answer is that it needs to do more -- at least if you want the game to be realistic.

Steve
Bruins

To: RiP
This Post:
38060.10 in reply to 38060.7
Date: 7/6/2008 1:22:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry but what does your best player earn, 9k in the week, so maybe if you pay sometimes your players so much like Mutombo earns, maybe than they will do so much shot blocks because than they have the needed skills.

I think you should train your player with all the skills which he need and than he will do more shot blocks per game, if there is not a better player agains him...

This Post:
38060.11 in reply to 38060.1
Date: 7/6/2008 8:09:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
eliminating it
I know it would be a big change but one that I think is necessary. Anyone with me?

NO!

in your further post I also read you don't like SB too much in this game. Tha's okay, but no reason to get rid of it. Other might like it a lot... At least I do.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38060.14 in reply to 38060.13
Date: 7/6/2008 11:56:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This Post:
38060.15 in reply to 38060.14
Date: 7/6/2008 12:20:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
hm, aren't we??

wel.

For starters I love it when one of my players blocks a shot, eve if the rebound goes to him again. That is also why I look at the statistics page rather then the field while viewing the game, I hope BB adds block events to the game viewer soon.

Secondly, I notice that my players who have higher block skill indeed average more blocks. Okay we are talking about 0.5 to maybe 2 blocks averageing per game, but still, I see the same persons make the blocks mostly, so I think it works. It is no spectacular thing, but hey, a strong jump shotter also doesn't get above 70% FG.... right? Besides if the opponent is realy good he'll make sure he doesn't get blocked, so every block is a big victory on the opponent in my eyes.

Last but not least: I spend a few weeks on block training, and noticed pops in inside defence and rebounding more then in blocking. It might be coincidence, and I need to gather more info on it, but it might be that the 'seconday' trainingskills with the blockingtraining, aren't as 'secondary' as secondaries in other trainingtypes. If this is the case the blockingtraining might be a good way to train these 3 inside skills in a prety good way. Ofcourse this is way too soon to tell this for thruth.

All these points add up to me liking the blockskill, even though I admid that I will not primarily look at it when looking for good players, I am confident that indeed it does add something to the game.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38060.16 in reply to 38060.10
Date: 7/6/2008 2:35:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry but what does your best player earn, 9k in the week, so maybe if you pay sometimes your players so much like Mutombo earns, maybe than they will do so much shot blocks because than they have the needed skills.

I think you should train your player with all the skills which he need and than he will do more shot blocks per game, if there is not a better player agains him...

It's not anymore effective in players making considerably more.

Steve

To: RiP
This Post:
38060.17 in reply to 38060.13
Date: 7/6/2008 6:26:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Shot blocking doesn't do enough.

Sorry Mr. Rip maybe my english is not so well that you understand what I want to say... but doesnt matter I tried again.

You talk about Mutombo and his block shots but you have no player like him, so you cant know how much block shots a player like him and his skills can make at BB - that what I want to say and because of that in the moment you can not judge how much block shots skill can do in BB.

I train all skills that are necessary for the position I'm training and more, which is why I don't have players with huge salaries. Unlike 60-70% of BB that train one or two skilled salary eaters. That's exactly what I don't want.

I know from what you are speak because I do it similar but I also know that the salary depends on the highest skills.

BB is very young and maybe you can agree that this short time are not so much that someone can realize if block shots should be eleminate.

This Post:
38060.18 in reply to 38060.17
Date: 7/7/2008 4:52:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I attribute Shot Blocking to a couple of important victories of mine this season..

Against my brother in Jap cup final I deliberately played my SF at SG and he got 7 blocks against a Marvellous JS Prof JR 3 point monster... i also had (now sold) a former key PF who amassed a PB 7 SB in a tight league game and I have a regular Centre who against normally better opposition averaging 1.5ish (and the stats are skewed as you know because scrimmages and PL games are not taken into account.)

This is another classic debate with no right or wrong answer.... in the same way people have tremendous JS strong JR players still shooting less than 35% or Prolific RB's with only 8 per game....

Everyone has an opinion and that is why players skills are finally starting to diverge according to peoples personal planning.

So for those that dont believe - dont train... simple as....

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 7/7/2008 4:53:32 AM

This Post:
38060.19 in reply to 38060.18
Date: 7/7/2008 4:58:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
exactly.. anyway shot blocking success depends a LOT on your oponent, so that's why are these stats so distorted

Advertisement