BB Sports Network

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
14411.91 in reply to 14411.90
Date: 6/16/2008 8:46:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Gut check time

Ubaldo Nudalo made the country proud once again with an amazing 41 point, 11 rebound performance yesterday as they faced the Malaysian National team and came up with the win, 114 - 128, held at the SUNS_BOLL, Japan.

Along with his impressive performance, he also came up with 7 assists, a three, and 6 blocks.

He was somehow having a 'showdown' with the Malaysian PF Muhammad Hairulnizam bin Ithnin, as the Malaysian scored 36 points, with 15 rebounds, in 41 minutes. Nudalo played the whole game.

"Our gunners couldn't make decent shots from the perimeters, this is where we would want to hurt them. So we tried our luck grinding the inside zone instead. Nudalo didn't let us down." says one NT staff.

"He was working hard, and enjoying the game at the same time." says La Fenice Basket PF Wilhelm Carillo. "If he's like that the whole time, i might not have my playing time." he says it with a grin.

Jhoaden Nordista dropped 26 points, 9 of them from the fourth quarter, and 9 assists. and Ruel Garvez managed to shut down the Malaysia center while giving an offensive 16 points, 16 rebound surge.

Jubas Beast's court General, Jorge Sarabia, played the whole game, and he managed to get 7 points, shooting 2 of 6 (1 three point), 6 rebounds, and 19 assists.

"he, and Nudalo came up with good plays, with Sarabia's good looks to the basket, Nudalo came up with the big points." says Brandon Vera, UFC fighter who was on the audience.

"This is one of the things that makes you proud of being a pinoy." says Vera.

And who wouldn't? if the National team manages to win one more game, this secures their spot at the qualifiers and will represent their Pool for the BuzzerBeater Asia Championship Tournament.

This Post:
14411.92 in reply to 14411.91
Date: 6/16/2008 9:18:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
wow career hign in assists yun para kay Sarabia...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...tapos wala na...
This Post:
14411.93 in reply to 14411.91
Date: 6/17/2008 4:36:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
wow! goodluck sa national players sa mga succeeding games!

Rebuilding
Message deleted
This Post:
14411.95 in reply to 14411.93
Date: 6/18/2008 1:16:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
High-scoring thriller ends in team Polydozel win (Part 1)

What could be more better than to have a thrilling ball game?

Many considered the game between the visiting team Polydozel, and the Pampanga Dragons, one of the highlights of the season, as these two teams playing against each other like it was a knockout game, fighting for a spot in the finals, right at the start of the second half of the season. Although, team Polydozel racked up the win with the score of 121-119.

It's the battle between the Dragon's and team Polydozel's offensive proficiency. Taken from statistics, team Polydozel has a higher ratio, with 98.6 as to 90.3, than Pampanga Dragons, with 90.9 as to 95.

However, Pampanga Dragons got the upper hand in the first half, displaying excellent display of team defense, gang rebounding, and forcing team Polydozel some pressure to foul, resulting in three Polydozel players to foul trouble.

At the start of the game, both seem to be in beat, and determined to wiin the game, open jumpers and contested shots alike are bucketing in. Pampanga Dragons' run began when a late first quarter collapse on team Polydozel, a three point foul on Mervyn Jamora, and a play from Pampanga Dragon's Caesar Baldonado converted into a three pointer to end the first quarter, 29-35.

The first half ended leaving the fans in excitement, as team Polydozel brandished some extraordinary assists, and key steals. However, the lead was never cut down, as they were still trailing, 59-65.

Six minutes gone by and still dead even in the third quarter. and the table seems to have turned, as the away team's Full court defense was in effect. And it came in the right time. Melencio Tanas managed to have a steal and helped the Polydozels to minimize the Dragon lead to the score 74-76. Another Tanas three, 77-76, then, a Bernardino Aidar jumper, 77-78. lead change after lead change, a once predicted blowout turned into a showdown and a close match. At the end of the quarter, Pampanga Dragons retained their lead. 89-96.

The Dragons fought hard to maintain their lead. They managed to do that in three quarters, and fans in the Pampanga Dragon's arena couldn't be more happier. Who would've thought that team Polydozel hides something in their closet?

They unleashed a series of defensive-to-offense plays. "When you have the lead, you don't know if we're running." says Melencio Tanas, who did steals and force the shots into foul attempts. Soon they were having a 9-3 run, then into a 22-7 run, fans now feeling the tense of the situation. Now, team Polydozel is having a 7 point lead.

Pampanga Dragons managed to break the lead, and it's back to an even ball game.

This Post:
14411.96 in reply to 14411.95
Date: 6/18/2008 1:17:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
High-scoring thriller ends in team Polydozel win (Part 2)

(Continued from part 1)

Fans consider the turning point of this game, is the breakthrough play of team Polydozel's 2nd-round rookie Juppert Zamora, finishing the game with 32 points,
4 assists, with 5 three pointers, 3 steals. And in the final 17 seconds of the game, after he made a rebound on a wide-open Aidar miss from a Caesar Bernardino pass, he made a blitzy drive to the baseline, a Hipolito Guarnes pick led him onwards to a wide-open, game-winning jumper. Bernardino Aidar did all he can to defend the youngster, but the speed and athleticism formed of Zamora outpaced the defense. he sank the jumper with 4 seconds left.

Bernardino Aidar, who averages 8 points per game, managed to score 20 points in the first three quarters, playing the whole 48 minutes, he scored only 5 in the last quarter. Caesar Baldonado finished with 22 points, and Dennib Oberio backed up 21 points and 20 rebounds, with 11 offensive boards.

Team Polydozel managed all double-digit scorers to score 20+ points. Asides from Zamora, Hipolito Guarnes added 22 points, Mervyn Jamora had 25, and Melencio Tanas had a come back after being away of the spotlight for two disappointing games, with a quiet, but effective, 25 points, 9 boards, 5 assists, and 5 steals, with 2 blocks, and 4 three pointers. I don't even know how did Tanas manage to be quiet through the game.

"Zamora was everywhere offensively" says Simeon Tongson, who was still disappointing in the offensive end this season, but was exceptional in defense.
hoarding up 7 points, 13 rebounds, 4 steals, and a block, with 4 assists. "And so were Tanas and Jamora, who were both in foul trouble, good thing they are in the same position, they had the same assignment."

The Dragons out-rebounded team Polydozel 82-49, but forced turnovers were team Polydozel's key in getting the W, with their 22 steals, and Dragon's 23 turnovers. three-pointers were also key, as they shot 17 three-pointers against the home team, with 5.

"We were really anticipating their inside offense, where they are much good at." says Bernardino Aidar. "I can't believe we were very loose on their perimeter and outside offense, that made a difference."

Fans and critics alike, was marveled by the exhibition of both teams, as many commented that this one will go in history. "In a regular season perspective, this is by far one of the most epic games in the season, or in PPL history." says Dan Rather, former CBS news announcer. "This one will be in the books, and the future seems bright for these two team's players."

Cesar Montano also made a monologue on his show "Singing Bee". A first in his series of hosting the show.

"Napakagaling ng perpormans nag dalawang teams na 'to. talagang di ako nakaalis ng upuan ko nung pinapanood ko to, 'Pans' ako ng dalawang team na to eh... di mo mallaman kung sino mananalo."

Quinito Henson quoted "These teams soon will find themselves forming a dynasty if they continue to play excellent. I just hope that they don't tire out on pushing themselves to another level."

Last edited by Katchafire Collie at 6/18/2008 1:22:23 PM

This Post:
14411.97 in reply to 14411.96
Date: 6/18/2008 1:27:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nellas MIA

Team Polydozel big man Hernando Nellas is absent in the recent game against Pampanga Dragons, sources said.

There are comment from the rumor mill suggesting that Hernando Nellas, in another silent move by team Polydozel, has been transferred by an undisclosed sum.

Until we hear further notice, we might as well believe that this is still close into being a rumor.

This Post:
14411.98 in reply to 14411.11
Date: 6/19/2008 10:48:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
CPP-NPA Team Manager Leaves With Heavy Heart

Manila, Philippines - In an unexpected move, CPP-NPA Team Owner has decided to let go of Team Manager Kumander Dante. His last game with the team was a Scrimmage against the Spring Chickens, which they won 98-73(6030149).

"The 3-0 mini winning-streak was a perfect goodbye to the team," said Kumander Dante, tears slowly building up in his eyes. "I have led this team to the PPL, and I believe that my work here is done. It is time to move on and begin helping other teams achieve the same dream of reaching the top."

"There are a few teams I have been quite interested with, especially in the II.2 division. That league will always have a special place in my heart, thats where Team CPP-NPA and I began," said Kumander Dante. Rumor has it that K. Dante is now talking with the newly established ADMU Blue Eagles. It's going to be hard once again as they will still have a barricade to go through. The Hoes, Mobster United, and Mean Monstars won't make this an easy task for hopeful II.2 winners.

CPP-NPA team manager will be replaced by a certain person named Compu Bot.

Next up for CPP-NPA is a private league game against Team Cold Fish.

This Post:
14411.99 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 6/20/2008 12:35:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
TrailBlazers United lucky to advance in the Philippine Cup season 5

El Rio- TrailBlazers United hotshot Ubaldo Nudalo almost single handedly lifted the team last thursday against Kims Lover with score 88-82 in overtime.

The score is deadlocked each time the quarter ends, 16-16; 17-17;19-19;23-23. Trailblazers just cant seem to set blaze on their trail against Kims Lover. Erman Nezih had a hard time contributing to the team who scored 4 pts in 16 mins. and despite the hotshot sinking in the ball for 35pts and grabbing 17rebounds.

"Im looking forward to the Cup Championship. Even if it means getting through the eye of the needle." coach Aldo said full of enthusiasm during the press conference. Aldo is winning 83% of his games this season in the PPL.

Mr. hotshot Ubaldo Nudalo was everything but humble and modest about his performance in the cup. "My teammates cant even help me on the court. Too bad, i was trying to create assists but they cant finish it! I dont know what happened to Erman Nezih that he had a bad day, I dont know why coach Aldo didnt let Ellis Pador play with me. We almost lost this game if it wasnt for me! This season we lost 3 competitive games including the prestigous international cup, BB Best... I didnt play those 3 games! I wish coach Aldo would have a second thought not letting me play! I mean I need playing time on the court! tonight, I will play against the mighty Jubas Beasts. I hope my guys can help me out through. With individuals, you can win matches but you cant win titles" Superstar getting BIGhead mode.

Tonight is also the scheduled game for the clash between Trailblazers United and Jubas Beasts in Ubaldo Nudalo Memorial Stadium! call 911-1111 for ticket reservations.

Rebuilding
This Post:
14411.100 in reply to 14411.99
Date: 6/21/2008 1:01:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Tuesday the 13th

There are at least 3-4 games that are quite a head-turn in day 13 of the PPL. Headed by the much anticipated game between the conference best's: Great 8 #1, and PPL's #2 seeded Trailblazers United vs. Big 8 and PPL's #1 seeded Jubas Beasts.

The leagues' finest will be facing each other for the first time, and the Trailblazers will be the 13th team to try to blemish the Beasts' flawless run in the league this season.

All throughout their run this season, Jubas Beasts only lost four times this season (their BBB elimination and three more losses in an exclusive league) bringing their season record overall (PPL record, Philippine cup record, exclusive league record, BBB record) to 22-4.

Another anticipated match-up is between Rogen Tamala, and Queens Coast, against the rest of CPP-NPA. A win against Queens Coast could smell trouble in the Big 8 lower tier, en route to a more dramatic battle for the remaining two spots in the playoffs.

The televised match between H.P., visiting team Polydozel, is another game to be watched out for. Team Polydozel, the newly promoted team, is playing better than par at this moment, and will try to steal a win against a veteran in the PPL, H.P., who is recently having a slump rally in the conference. This is somewhat an awkward situation for team Polydozel, because even though H.P. is slumping in the PPL, they are still in the running for the Philippine cup, now in round 7, more known as the "Sweet 16" round. They have to wonder what line-up will they be facing later on.

One other match-up, possibly one of the games that would be most watched, is the match between Rynzer Force and Sta. Lucia Realtors. The Realtors and the Force have been playing inconsistent these days and a win for either teams could provide a boost in the form and enthusiasm.

Given their stand and form, the RED ROBINS has also been the team to beat today, racking up 9 straight wins in the PPL, the RED ROBINS proved again this season that they are one of the teams who are worthy to be respected. With a 10-2 record, and with the mighty Beasts facing the team sharing their #2 spot, if anything goes to their favor, the RED ROBINS might take the sole #2 spot, assuming they win against the ailing San Miguel Beermen. who is still searching for their second win.

Last edited by Katchafire Collie at 6/21/2008 1:03:33 AM

This Post:
14411.101 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 6/21/2008 8:24:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
THE BEASTS SUFFER THEIR FIRST LOSS OF THE SEASON

The top teams of the PPL divisions faced-off last night at the Ubaldo Memorial Stadium for another classic game. The Jubas Beasts and the Trailblazers United have brought out their top guns for this game. The Trailblazers are headed by their franchise player Ubaldo Nudalo who will be bringing his guaranteed double-double for the game. While the beasts are lead by their tri-captains Cheng, Louzada & Sarabia.

In the first quarter the Nudalo grabbed 8 rebounds allowing the Trailblazers to get a 22-13 lead. But in the second quarter the Beasts stepped-up their defense. Forcing the Trailblazers to commit turnovers and then converting them into points at the other end. After regrouping at the half-time break both teams then exchanged the leads with their own runs. But in the end we Cheng was not able to finish the plays set for him continuing his shooting drought and Nudalo showed why he is the best player in PPL with an MVP performance of 37 pts & 21 reb. The Trailblazers United won it 96-82 (4623349).

"First of all I would like to congratulate the Trailblazers for their win. It was a good one for them. Me and m boys are going to have a long talk about focus. Winning 12 straight league games means nothing if you can't win the important ones. In regards with Laway's slump, I don't know the answer. Something is bothering him but he's not speaking up. Maybe he needs to go home to his country this all-star break. The whole organization needs him to get his shooting rhythm back." Said Coach Alas in the post-game press conference.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...tapos wala na...
Advertisement