BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Growing BB (Referrals)

Growing BB (Referrals)

Set priority
Show messages by

To: _Az_
This Post:
67615.98 in reply to 67615.97
Date: 2/1/2009 10:23:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
true
i liked bb but now i dont really care about a game focused on training few players, with no improvement in tactics

This Post:
67615.99 in reply to 67615.98
Date: 2/1/2009 10:47:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ofcourse you fail to realize that the options in training are for people who do not have young talent on every position. There are options to train 1 pos, 2 pos, 3 pos and team. Pleanty of options to create a balanced roster.
As for the not enough options for games. Yes there should be some more but double teams and centers and forward helping on the driving opponent etc is hard to implement to the current game engine. You should be able to give orders what the coach should do incase of a blowout.
I think giving quarter tactics and player options is a bit absurd in this game. Giving green light to shoot to one player and denie it to all others. Yep those player scores 115 points etc appearances + it would take away the exiting minute managing as you can give better stamina players the order to play more aggressively on defence cutting down his minutes in game to be balanced with others etc.

This Post:
67615.100 in reply to 67615.98
Date: 2/1/2009 12:30:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
true
i liked bb but now i dont really care about a game focused on training few players, with no improvement in tactics

What game are you talking about?

It clearly isn't BB.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
67615.101 in reply to 67615.100
Date: 2/4/2009 1:52:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn't ask him but I guess he wanted to say the same as me

why some player don't train ? well in HT too but why ? ^^ The example of training 3 positions sound strange to me because the training is really too slow to train "medium" potential. I would have understood than 1 position is 100% training and other 75% for example because your coach focus on a small group ! But why some gets no training ? As I already said, they are in a pub ?

improvment in tactics is a problem because of training too ... if you train only 1 position, it's easy to guess where you will attack ! except if you are a good trader, I agree ;) In my case, I can only play motion and basic offense ! run&gun and push the ball, I avoid even if my players have stamina :/ princeton always make a mess so I guess I have the wrong characteristics on my players. All other will only result in a loss because I have weak C/PF

so my opponment play all 3-2 zone or man to man ... do you think it's a diversity in tactic ? I don't think :/

what can I do ? buy a good center ? I though about it but I don't like to sell my players (I like to train, not to trade). By the way, I brought one ... but I still can't play look inside without losing (I need a good PF for that :))

so it's not improvment in tactics like adding some but try to avoid at all cost to be predictable ... and, today, I can't do it ! am I alone ? :/

Am I wrong ? is there a way to not be a trader and play all tactics ? I haven't found it ...

some example ?
- HT : well no strategy and training not better than here ... I still play it about 10-20 min per week but i'm not really enjoying it
- Charazay : strong point in strategy and all players train ! they haven't problem of players limitations, but it's impossible to get to the max ! I'm enjoying this part of the game but not other parts ^^
- Pmanager (soccer) : very good in strategy and training at 100% for a small group and 75% for others, but players could go a bit too high in characteristics in my opinion :/ I left this game by the way but not because of strategy nor training ;)

What I want to say is they are always strong and weak points in every game ! But I took the time to translate 3 posts of ideas (about 2 hours per posts since I'm far to be a god in english :/) to try to get BB to another level (better I hope).

If you don't like these ideas, I don't care ! ... but it seems a lot of frenchies like these ideas. So why not take a look ? modify some to fit your need ?

Last edited by _Az_ at 2/4/2009 1:53:39 PM

This Post:
67615.102 in reply to 67615.101
Date: 2/4/2009 1:58:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
why some player don't train ? well in HT too but why ? ^^ The example of training 3 positions sound strange to me because the training is really too slow to train "medium" potential. I would have understood than 1 position is 100% training and other 75% for example because your coach focus on a small group ! But why some gets no training ? As I already said, they are in a pub ?

Game balance means sometimes not adhering to precisely what happens in real life at every moment.

improvment in tactics is a problem because of training too ... if you train only 1 position, it's easy to guess where you will attack ! except if you are a good trader, I agree ;)

Not true at all.

In my case, I can only play motion and basic offense ! run&gun and push the ball

As of a month ago, this was the breakdown of offensive tactics I had played in competitive games this season:

Look Inside 9, Run and Gun 8, Motion 1, Base Offense 1

Care to guess what I train?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
67615.104 in reply to 67615.102
Date: 2/5/2009 3:24:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Game balance means sometimes not adhering to precisely what happens in real life at every moment.

strange answer you give me here ! I already talked about games which allow all team training. Game balance is always possible of you care to open your eyes to other possibilities ... but not if you think like HT :p

improvment in tactics is a problem because of training too ... if you train only 1 position, it's easy to guess where you will attack ! except if you are a good trader, I agree ;)

Not true at all.

a bit too short for me to understand, sorry :/
ok you disagree but you don't say why ...

In my case, I can only play motion and basic offense ! run&gun and push the ball

As of a month ago, this was the breakdown of offensive tactics I had played in competitive games this season:

Look Inside 9, Run and Gun 8, Motion 1, Base Offense 1

you play since the beginning, right ? That mean I don't think you can represent most of the team in BB :/ By the way, you say "As of a month ago" ... do that mean you couldn't before ? after playing for so long ?

I don't know for you but we talked quite a lot about BB in a french external forum (easier for us in our mothertongue ;)). It allow us to share our impression, think what we could do to develop our team, ...

As for training :

- I see those who train 1 position, they say it's great, some have international players and they are happy ! But they are heavily predictable in game and, except the line they train, they are badly weak :/ To get stronger, they must sell, and if they sell, they lose their advantage ... definitly a vicious circle ^^ (I hope this expression exist in english xD). But it's a necessity, if you want a competitive national team ! There is a lot more D4 which mean we have to deal mostly with manager of D4 about great potential rookie. So how to motivate a young manager who draft a great rookie in this condition ? we try hard ^^ but it's really a choice : training an international wannabe or playing the game to get result. How many would do this bet in their place ?

- About those who train 2 positions, they can count on 2 strong positions, which is better, and it's easier to sell without lose a lot of "firepower" because you train 5 players instead of 2,5 (3 is impossible). Still easy to guess where you will attack. I do it since I play (begining of season 3). I think I didn't play too bad to raise where I am today :p Still, after almost 4 seasons, I have only 1 good Center and about 3-4 good PG/SG. Do you need to trade a lot to get a good team after 6-7 seasons ? Is that the goal of the game ? If you don't have the time to trade, you just have to abandon the game because you have no future ?

- Someone train 3 positions or all team ? well it seem so slow and need a lot of young players (usually not cheaper !)

Care to guess what I train?

guessing, I couldn't ! I lack of knowledge about team of high level ... but if you care to say more, I will be happy to hear your point ! :)
I don't talk without think and my only limitation is my english vocabulary
Still, I may have missed something ;)

edit : I forgot to tell, thanks Charles ! I hope there will be some interesting news later :) (no matter if it's a matter of days, months, seasons ;))

Last edited by _Az_ at 2/5/2009 3:26:43 PM

To: _Az_
This Post:
67615.105 in reply to 67615.104
Date: 2/6/2009 5:54:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so first gm who thinks im telling about zone 51 or whatever

we play a team sport on virtual sense but the training ( clearly the only way to improve his team and the engine of tactics definition)) is overated on individual focus

like azariel said the dynamic of opponents or ours is easy to read

as a competion game, you have a part of a team who still stay at a level or almost same and the other s growing up(quickly if u don t train more than 2 players and easier to read)

surprises comes with a transfert more than a switch on training by the time
this associated to ,despite some adjustments begining season 6, a partition on only(yes speed but it is not mainly sgnificant) three fields(outside neutral inside) which are freezing the game on a too simple vison of basketball and coach jobs,
vision of players about game s involving, sweating but freezed in a way to play

bb makes some simulation about nba games and seems proud to be closed to the final score
so stop arguing game balance makes it far from reality
(wasnt the goal about a such demonstration? lakers celtics a 25 december on a international media)

does kobe shoot one week?and bynum gets the other week to train inside shot?

are bb serious? the idea that u train a small part of a team to sell some and get others make it poor,not helped by a game tactics a bit poor.
morever,that put trading on a too important part to balance

fix all this plz and think about individual orders at a few degree,
a diversity of tactics or clearly a game book with 2 3 4 tactics and % to set on,keeping on it urs adjustements about on if u can,
its just an idea,more sport at his true level(o rclose) ,less economics enjoying

This Post:
67615.106 in reply to 67615.105
Date: 2/7/2009 8:46:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
is there an link or an banner for referals?
or only through e-mail?

This Post:
67615.107 in reply to 67615.106
Date: 2/8/2009 4:37:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Me again with another suggestion :p

change the cheater report page to be like the forum : a message of 4000 words max please !

For now, it's almost impossible to report teams that are related to other

edit : just understood how it works :/
1st the teamID and after you have the possibility to write a message ... didn't understand the 1st time :(

my apology

Last edited by _Az_ at 2/8/2009 11:50:53 AM