hyper-inflation?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
268635.99 in reply to 268635.86
Date: 4/13/2015 6:56:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Whats make you i think i don't know anything about macroeconomics

Look here man, if you want to dig a hole and keep BB Marmin in it, also in front to of a computer for next 50 years. Then go ahead let him know about macroeconomics of BB.

You really want him to compare each countries out and intake of buying and selling on the market on a global scale then make adjustments. Then cap a free market on all teams in income saving intake?? Capping a free market is communism economics.. It one way the game, how is that fair.

Is that what you want to cap certain people income so they only can grow a certain amount. That's macroeconomics. All the variable bs.. Its a waste of energy and time IMo. Your trying to fix a market that already fixes it self, but macro economics doesn't deal with the direct market, it deal with the global scale thing of the bb economy. Each team, each country , each division , thats just a waste of time for BB marmin. You really want control what someone can earn and save in a free market? That's communism

I think for the sake of saying, I think you don't how to manage a team thoroughly or save , So your looking for a way to get money out team wallets for your own gain. In small, I think your jealous of others managers monetary success over you. Capping what people can have in the bank account is a outlandish idea. Would you want that in real life with people bank account with work.

Look man, sports is not meant to be fair, neither is making money. Do you think its fair the Chicago bulls had Micheal Jordan? Your going to worry about that too? They paid him 30 million a season at one point. Lets worry about that as well. Let go cap the Chicago bull pay roll and income intake, yea that will fix them.

It a waste of time in my opinion. There already tax exempt( which I don't like), But what your suggesting is just way to extreme for BB. you'll kill the game, There's a tactical imbalance on BB some more expensive to build than others. I think you forgot that part. Also saving for the future

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 4/13/2015 7:17:57 PM

This Post:
268635.100 in reply to 268635.89
Date: 4/13/2015 7:10:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Of course, widening free agency is a temporary patch and may alleviate the pressure somewhat - though it probably would needed to have been done right when Utopia started to mitigate the initial surge in demand. But the problem with that as a solution is that it relies entirely on people leaving the game, which is as unappealing a situation to me as the WarGames dilemma from before. If the game can't be balanced without having to push people out to achieve the balance, it's probably too far gone to be saved in the first place.

If it were my game, I think a combination of massively increased training speed for low potential players, plus a guarantee they can reach a decent skill level (e.g., 10 in any main skill, 7 in any secondary) and improvements in the draft (add some older, "finished" 10-15k players who can't really be trained much further to replace the low end guys) would be a sustainable solution. It probably would end up going too far the other way, but if those players stop being worth much on the TL at least they'd be so quick to create that actually building your own improvement players would be more feasible.

Thanks for the background on how all this came to be. I think I reaped the benefits of the massively cheap transfer market a few times, and definitely got burned on a player sale or two, before it swung to the other side of the spectrum.

The way I see it, there will always be a trickle of people leaving the game, so adjusting the free agency threshold would just ensure that more players from those teams make it to the transfer market. I don't consider widening the free agency net an act of pushing people out.

This Post:
268635.101 in reply to 268635.98
Date: 4/13/2015 7:19:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it was you who asked about the illogicality of training as it is currently set up. Here, from Hrudey's post, is just one of the illogical points:
having to train them instead of playing a full-strength competitive lineup

I don't know. I'd call it more inconvenient than illogical. It makes sense to me that if you want to train your guys who aren't as good as your other guys, it won't be without an investment of time playing sub par lineups as these guys gain game experience. Now, we can even play guys wherever you want and train them in any skill. Sure, there's a penalty for that, but still. It offers an interesting alternative to playing a mono-skilled classic big man at PG (and seeing him get 10 TO's) to get better at Passing.

This Post:
268635.103 in reply to 268635.101
Date: 4/13/2015 9:26:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd call it more inconvenient than illogical. ... playing sub par lineups ...

And the real life basketball league where that is necessary, where a guy doesn't get coached and trained at all unless he plays in the regular games, where the last two or three guys onthe end of the bench (who need training the most) don't get trained ... the real life basketball league where that happens ... is ...

*crickets*

This Post:
268635.105 in reply to 268635.104
Date: 4/14/2015 1:31:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, that would benefit the top teams, so of course I'm all for no penalties when you train.

/sarcasm

(if we are to play that game of crickets and sarcasms)

... the real life basketball league where that happens ... is ...

Haven't got one, do you? Because there isn't one.

This Post:
268635.106 in reply to 268635.103
Date: 4/14/2015 2:11:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd call it more inconvenient than illogical. ... playing sub par lineups ...

And the real life basketball league where that is necessary, where a guy doesn't get coached and trained at all unless he plays in the regular games, where the last two or three guys onthe end of the bench (who need training the most) don't get trained ... the real life basketball league where that happens ... is ...

*crickets*

(enter Rod Serling)
Come with me, if you will, to another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land where practice may indeed occur behind the scenes, but where true experience and training comes only from playing in league games, national tournaments, and scrimmages. And thus, managers must make a fateful decision every time their team takes to the arena: do we play to win, or do we also play to train, shaping our future for seasons to come? It is this battle of minds, savvy, and wits that creates the drama and intrigue of this land and league known only as... Buzzerbeater.
(exit Rod Serling)

I get what you are saying now about it being illogical compared to real life, but if you were allowed to train anyone in any skill at any time, that would just be too easy. The current method of training makes things more interesting, and leads to tough decisions where managers have to gauge whether to train or play their best lineup. Or, if they are well developed they can do both. I may be in the minority, but I like it the way it is.

This Post:
268635.108 in reply to 268635.99
Date: 4/14/2015 6:07:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Whats make you i think i don't know anything about macroeconomics

First of all I don't know who Marmin is and I never said about capping income, but about taxing SAVINGS. The fact that you have a degree in Business and Finance should be enough to know the difference, but then again... I won't ride the stereotype... You throw everything into a pot, stir around and then write up some complete nonsense. Real talk.

If you really want to bring up the "capping is communism" theory... US leagues impose caps on Team and Player salaries. LeBron could make 50 mil in a "free market" there have to be limitations though. I recommend you move to China - no commies there.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
268635.109 in reply to 268635.26
Date: 4/14/2015 6:07:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there were no mechanism for a manager to adjust by creating their own players or by choosing not to, as circumstances warrant, that would be a severe problem.
sorry for coming in late to the party, just reading through. I think the training speed is too slow for people to be able to effectively choose their optimal strategy (especially with significant changes to the market, which may be affected, among other things, by decisions made by the developers, therefore entirely in the hands of the people running the game) and the free agency market isn't managed appropriately based on contingent market conditions to reduce the issue of very high inflation or deflation (a change every 10 seasons is just not good enough)

Advertisement