Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 6/15/2024 3:03:26 PM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
Good luck to everyone in the League. I've been relegated after a short stint in D III, and am working through my first fan boycott. I can't say what the roster will look like in a few weeks, but I am going to try to keep as much of it together as I can. I am also looking forward to the competition, which at first glance seems to be substantial! It looks like I have played games against the Optimist4ever II (2015, Season 32); and Botswanan lahetysseura (2023, Season 60).

To: LDR
This Post:
324221.2 in reply to 324221.1
Date: 6/15/2024 5:07:30 PM
Bonsai Bruins Basketball
III.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yūgen Bruins
Hi, thank you good luck to you too. Have fun

This Post:
324221.3 in reply to 324221.2
Date: 6/15/2024 10:32:32 PM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars

Tough one against La Granja tonight; went on a 12-0 run in the 4th quarter, against what had been a pretty dominant performance by La Granja on defense and on the boards; Up 2 with 3 seconds to go in the game, our PG (Salek) missed two free throws to ice it; Their SG (Dutra), who had killed us the entire game, got a look from the corner as time ran out; I'm praying; Friars fans went wild , but in truth we got very, very lucky. Good game no less. This GE engine will rip your heart out--I lost one just like this late last season--but fun...absolutely!!!!!

This Post:
324221.4 in reply to 324221.1
Date: 6/16/2024 3:06:22 AM
Mindsilvania
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mindsilvania Mindfuckers
wow it's nice to see some activity in utopia division IV. Yes, this league does have some strong teams as well as some pro tankers that wont let you have high draft pick

My own team still needs some training sessions before it can compete for title. Good luck to you (this season)

All-in aficionado. Professional tanker. Trophy collector. Played box defenses before it was cool.

This Post:
324221.5 in reply to 324221.4
Date: 6/16/2024 4:47:26 AM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
wow it's nice to see some activity in utopia division IV. Yes, this league does have some strong teams as well as some pro tankers that wont let you have high draft pick

My own team still needs some training sessions before it can compete for title. Good luck to you (this season)

Pro-Tankers???!!! I’m shocked 😳 I don’t have to tank, my own methods keep me far being much of a challenge. And I think you have to buy scouting points or some damn thing to make a dent there. It’s almost as if some teams were in it for the money and not the glory🙃

This Post:
324221.6 in reply to 324221.5
Date: 6/16/2024 6:00:21 AM
Bonsai Bruins Basketball
III.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yūgen Bruins

Pro-Tankers???!!! I’m shocked 😳 I don’t have to tank, my own methods keep me far being much of a challenge. And I think you have to buy scouting points or some damn thing to make a dent there. It’s almost as if some teams were in it for the money and not the glory🙃

I can understand them, often you can't have glory without money

This Post:
324221.7 in reply to 324221.6
Date: 6/16/2024 6:37:13 PM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars

I can understand them, often you can't have glory without money

No question!!!

This Post:
324221.8 in reply to 324221.2
Date: 6/18/2024 8:48:50 PM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars

Not much fun had here (130913385)! Lots of reasons for that, including great shooting by KIK; however, I have noticed that the last few times I have used Inside Box and 1, my perimeter defense has been much worse than expected. I used to get better perimeter defense with that tactic. It might just be the teams I played, but I can't help but wonder if changes to the recent changes to the GE haven't made that tactic less useful. I know they also worked on IB&1 to make it better. Not taking anything away from KIK, just curious of others have seen a big change in perimeter defense with Inside Box and One.

This Post:
324221.9 in reply to 324221.4
Date: 6/19/2024 8:01:54 PM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
Here is a video from EBW's YouTube channel that talks about tanking:

(https://youtu.be/k7N9tCi-0Z0?si=OFriFGojKWi-zrRP)

Last edited by LDR at 6/19/2024 8:24:34 PM

This Post:
324221.10 in reply to 324221.8
Date: 6/22/2024 5:37:43 AM
Mindsilvania
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mindsilvania Mindfuckers
Box defenses are more used and competetive in top divisions. Not because of tactic itself, but because of what kind of players people have to stay afloat there. Perimeter guys with ID and Bigs with OD are almost required. Of course it's still usable at the bottom leagues against inferior foes or teams with one dominant scorer. In your game maybe 3-2 zone would have faired better.

Here is a video from EBW's YouTube channel that talks about tanking

Know him, already watched all of his videos before

All-in aficionado. Professional tanker. Trophy collector. Played box defenses before it was cool.

This Post:
324221.11 in reply to 324221.10
Date: 6/22/2024 5:53:23 AM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
Box defenses are more used and competetive in top divisions. Not because of tactic itself, but because of what kind of players people have to stay afloat there. Perimeter guys with ID and Bigs with OD are almost required. Of course it's still usable at the bottom leagues against inferior foes or teams with one dominant scorer. In your game maybe 3-2 zone would have faired better.

Yeah...I think I probably had better perimeter defenders when I used it before. 3-2 would have been a much better choice.

Here is a video from EBW's YouTube channel that talks about tanking

Know him, already watched all of his videos before

I think I have only seen three of his videos: one on the recent takeover of BB; one on the draft (some time ago); and this one. Good videos.