This Post:
304440.120 in reply to 304440.118
Date: 09/17/2020 12:05:56
Basket Mizu Arlon
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
UZiM
You underline perfectly two serious problems here.

1. The COMMUNICATION.

a. Yes Marin should not be harassed, he has enough on his plate and he shouldn't be the one communicating.

There's a community manager on Facebook who - from what I've been seeing - is completely useless the way he's communicating. Look at e.g his post on August 14 where he's asking whether we have questions for Marin. It's been a month and there has been no direct reply, no further feedback, no follow up. Nothing. What's the point?! Asking how our training went every week is not gonna entertain or calm people down. If you can help, do so. If you can't, say it. If you dont have anything to say, keep it down. Even keeping us updated about problems seems to be too difficult. And btw it's probably not his fault.

b. You are correct, indeed Marin is not the boss - players generally appreciate him, rightfully so - but they reach out to him because he's the only one they can manage to get in touch with!

Buzzerbeater is in crisis for a while now, WHERE'S THE TOP MANAGEMENT? Who are we even talking about?
You go down from 65k to 13k players, An app is announced for years but no update on the topic for ages, your product bugs big time, there hasn't been any visual or feature improvement for centuries. Where is the top management, where's their communication?

In a private company, do you really think it's up to the engineering to communicate with clients, especially in times of crisis? Don't you think the top sales or client services managers step up to try and keep the company's reputation safe? I imagine there isn't such an org chart but there's got to be other people besides Marin.

In a nutshell: WHO IS IN CHARGE? Who's driving the bus?? Marin is trying to prevent the bus from falling apart, but if there's no driver, you know how it ends.

c. I understand your point about BB being a free game - but I certainly do not accept that you use this argument to keep people quiet. Yes supporters are paying for extra features, but for a while now, even some basic features are failing to work. Plus I'm sure BB would be in an even deeper sh*t without the thousands of $ coming from the supporters.

2. The other topic is the eternal one - WORKAROUNDS.

Here again, i do not agree that workarounds should become the rule because the game is failing to propoerly work. There are established rules, people play with the rules. Period. If they want to try and attract buyers with low prices, that's their right and it's called strategy. If they want to bid late, that's strategy. If they want to scout teams and players, that's strategy too.
BB is a STRATEGY GAME FFS!! What's the point otherwise?? Where's the fun??

To summarize, I'm convinced most players would agree if the people responsible for this game would

- break their silence
- explain to us very clearly what the overall situation is
- let us know whether there's a strategy in place and in which step of this strategy we currently are
- be honest about the problems and whether (and when) they will be tackled

Is this really too much to ask?? I don't believe so, i think it's actually VERY easy.
Whoever is in charge, please wake up, smell the coffee and speak up!

This Post:
304440.121 in reply to 304440.118
Date: 09/17/2020 12:34:04
DB TEAM
Serie A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jack & Cola
When you say that this is worst we have ever seen, you might not have witnessed the time when the games would not run or things like that.

This was missing and this arrived soon as was possible.....

This Post:
304440.122 in reply to 304440.118
Date: 09/17/2020 18:46:39
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
BB is a free game but it is still a business which exists to make money. Neither Marin, nor the owners are doing this out the goodness of their heart. It's a source of income for them. The owners are not going to put in any more money than they have to and if they see that users tolerate these issues, they're not going to improve anything, and we'll continue to deal with these issues every season. In fact, judging by the last few seasons, it'll probably get worse.

Saying users should just "adapt" to the situation is not helpful. If the current situation becomes the norm, it will become a lot easier for people to take advantage of the situation. Just bid on a bunch of under priced players at the beginning of the season or whenever the site is acting slow. Wait for the site to crash and then voila, profit. Really, do you think this should become the winning strategy?

A major overhaul is needed on the software or hardware side (probably both). Marin seems to be addressing these issues, but at this point it's like trying to fix a crumbling bridge with tape.

Last edited by Mountaineer at 09/17/2020 18:57:05

This Post:
304440.123 in reply to 304440.122
Date: 09/18/2020 07:19:17
Dynamo J. Hradec
První liga
Overall Posts Rated:
currently I have less time then I used to have. I try to manage my team, Czech U21 team and help Czech NT. And I am very upset when the site is "slow as hell" when I got few minutes to do what's needed on BB. And it's not only during offseason.

First thing I can do - not prolongate my Supp. Second thing - leave the game. Despite I like the game and I never left since the season 4 when I started.

This Post:
304440.127 in reply to 304440.126
Date: 09/22/2020 13:40:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Try buzzerbeater.org if you haven't already it's way faster.

This Post:
304440.129 in reply to 304440.128
Date: 10/02/2020 05:25:24
BC Bloosa
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Seeing this every week, does not bring any joy to the game. Even though people say it's ''free game'', this shouldn't be the case.
Also if the site is unreachable/down for some time, do the supporters get the compensation (extended supporter feature) for that?

Last edited by Blusa at 10/02/2020 05:50:12

This Post:
304440.130 in reply to 304440.129
Date: 10/02/2020 05:35:26
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
I am pretty sure you know the answer 🤷‍♂️

That is why I am not going to extend the supporter package.

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
Advertisement