This Post:
Date: 5/28/2024 6:50:09 PM
St贸mas
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
St贸mas II
Hey guys.

Not long ago our u21 manager created a discord for us to use for some Icelandic player talk and updates etc. It died pretty fast as we don't seem to be a very active community.
But I do wonder if we have more managers who are pretty active and would be interested in trying to make a "team effort" in creating a great NT team for Iceland. Make some kind of a plan or at least share what they are doing etc.

So an alternative idea to the Iceland Discord:

My brother got a message on the official BB discord from the former Moldovan U21 manager Paolo. Paolo is super ambitious in his project to promote and make all the micro nations better. They have been doing some great work over there with the Moldova team. He just offered us his help to try and do something similar with Iceland as they have done with Moldova.

How? He wants to invite us to the Moldovan Discord and make a specific channel there for Iceland that would be locked for only us Iceys. But then we would ofc have access to their public channel and all the training resources, training plans etc. And the assist from some very experienced managers in there that agreed to join to help him out (the BB youtube creator and some others).
This way it's a bit more active than "iceland only" discord.

I just think we need a plan, a vision of how or what kind of player profiles we want in the NT in the future.
From there depending on drafts and players each of us get we can set up training plans specifically for each manager to reach that goal if they are not sure enough how to get there themselves etc.

Anyway rant over, would love for as many of us to join in together in this but I also understand if some just want to play their way, don't like training etc, that's the fun part about this game it can be played in different ways.

PS.
I also just noticed a spike in active teams. 3 new teams in the 3rd division with Utopia teams and everything.
So at the moment we have 16 "active" teams which is more than when I started playing again some time ago. Fun to see some new people joining at this stage.

Poll:  Are you interested in training Icelandic players for the NT? What about doing it as a team?

Yes! and open to a team effort
Yes! but just alone in my own corner
Nopes!

This Post:
323669.2 in reply to 323669.1
Date: 6/12/2024 11:16:06 AM
chicago bulbs II
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Ehy, I like this plan.
Open to transfer "our" channel in somthing bigger ;)

This Post:
323669.3 in reply to 323669.2
Date: 6/13/2024 5:15:13 PM
St贸mas
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
St贸mas II
Damn, I can't see who voted hahah.

Well, we'll speak to Paolo and see what he has in store for us.

In the meantime, if anyone has a training spot for a SB big this guy just dropped on the TL

https://www.buzzerbeater.com/player/overview.aspx?playerid=53593856

This Post:
323669.4 in reply to 323669.3
Date: 6/15/2024 6:54:38 PM
Skytturnar
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I only train guards, but 95% of the team are Icelanders. I have one foreigner now because nobody Icelandic on the TL had the minimum skills I needed.

It is rare that I have good talents, but it happens sometimes.

Sportssend.com