305710.23 in reply to 305710.22
Date: 7/17/2024 12:06:14 PM
TSV Empor Göhren
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Olympique Lagoza
It's funny to read old comments with today's knowledge

So far, there's not a lot that speaks for LaMelo as a bust. If he would be healthy he could be an All NBA caliber player, but these injuries keep him from reaching his full potential.
This draft will have some other busts though, including Wiseman who I mentioned as a ROY? I couldn't have been serious back then -.-

It's just another fan in the peanut gallery with an opinion, which is meaningless. (Gregg Popovich on LaVar Ball)
This Post:
305710.25 in reply to 305710.23
Date: 7/17/2024 10:32:46 PM
Kira Kira Koseki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
Injury prone player who shoots below average FG and TS%, not known for playing particularly good defence, Charlotte is 82-102 in the regular season and 0-2 in play-ins when LaMelo plays.

And this was with the pick of an overhyped 2nd round talent "panning out" thanks to rapid development. Both of those play in losses were blowouts and LaMelo shot under 30% in both. Not that Charlotte belonged there in the first place as the 10th seed. The guy's still a glorified scrub who only looks decent because he gets his at the expense of winning basketball.

This Post:
305710.26 in reply to 305710.24
Date: 7/18/2024 8:28:53 AM
TSV Empor Göhren
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Olympique Lagoza
Yeah, revisiting old takes can be very entertaining
In LaMelos case I wasn't wrong though. He is pretty much what I envisioned him to be. So, I was glad my Warriors didn't take him and that didn't change since then. However, the other part of the truth is, I thought Golden State did the right thing in taking Wiseman. Not sure about that one right now^^
But I wasn't fully onboard either. His lack of play before joining the draft was at least worrisome. In hindsight Okongwu or Stewart would have been better choices for the big positions. Overall the players, teams took in the lottery, have been disappointing. Guys like Ant, Melo and Haliburton are the exception.

Btw what off the court incidents are you referring too?
I expected a lot of stuff like that from him, but in my opinion it's surprisingly quiet. Maybe his acts are just overshadowed by the Miles and Jones insanities. I also don't really pay much attention to the Hornets.
To me he is as much of a franchise player like Trae, probably even less. You need too many pieces to make it work. Both guys are 1B's at best. Trae is the better player though and he is less injured.
For all the talk that came from LaVar, the outcome is mediocre so far.

Last edited by JorgeClayton at 7/18/2024 8:31:49 AM

It's just another fan in the peanut gallery with an opinion, which is meaningless. (Gregg Popovich on LaVar Ball)
This Post:
305710.28 in reply to 305710.27
Date: 7/19/2024 5:24:50 AM
TSV Empor Göhren
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Olympique Lagoza
Does he even have a license? Looks like they could hand him some penalties. I'm sure the area could use some extra funding