Overall Posts Rated:
Petry shines as Blades win thriller at home

League III.1
OTooth @ Bacoor Blades
The Bacoor Forum
December 11, 2012
22:01

No extra periods needed.

The Bacoor Blades, through Marcos Paulo Petry's hot hands, secure their second win of the young season with a thrilling come-from-behind win against OTooth, 72-70 at The Bacoor Forum.

Down 54-42 early in the fourth quarter, baskets from Pedro Horcasitas and Mark Louis Hugos ignited a 7-0 run that saw them come to within five, 54-49. This would instigate OTooth's barrage of their own as they established an 11-point lead capped off by a Simon Adam three-pointer with 3:40 remaining.

This is when Petry started going to work. He nailed a five straight points after Horcasitas got fouled and hit his two freebies that saw then creep back to within three, 65-62 with over two minutes remaining. Spektras Skaudenas would be fouled and make both of his free throws, but a basket underneath from Eugenio Genco and a three-pointer under duress from near half-court from Petry would tie the game at 67-all. Petry would ultimately give them their first taste of the lead at 70-67 after converting on a three-point play with 12 seconds remaining in the game. On the ensuing play, OTooth's MajarĂłn MĂ­nguez Tahona made a triple to force another deadlock at 70-all with 7 seconds remaining.

And just as the Blades were looking lost the play after, Marcos Paulo Petry was fouled by Allan Jeffrey Ragucos on the act of shooting. The crowd erupted as the 30-year old Brazilian calmly sank the two foul shots to punch the final score

After ending the first quarter down 25-11, the game had the makings of a third straight loss for the Bacoor five, as OTooth's Simon Adam and Morgan Paolillo torched the Blades early on. They tried to fight back in the second canto but all they could do was to cut the deficit to 11, 42-21 by the end of the first half. They would be able to turn their defensive game on, however, by the second half, limiting their counterparts to just 28 points from then on.

Petry ended up with 20 points on 7-11 shooting, while Horcasitas had 15. Co-captains Kelly Paul and Mark Louis Hugos had 14 and 11 points for the Blades respectively.

OTooth were led by Adam's 19 points, with Paolillo and Gu Joon Ming had 16 markers each.

When asked regarding his shot from near half-court, game hero Petry said, "It was as if I took that shot with divine intervention. I really wanted it to go in. Sometimes, basketball is also about luck."

"We did not want to let our fans down. It was a tough campaign last season, we want to compete better this time." said team co-captain Kelly Paul.

"Maganda na nagkaroon kami ng ganitong panalo. Nasubukan kami ng husto. Magandang karanasan 'to para sa aming lahat bilang grupo." said team co-captain Mark Louis Hugos.

The win will see them escape the relegation zone as they hold an even 2-2 win-loss record, good for 5th place in the Big 8 Conference. With the loss, OTooth goes down to 6th place with a 1-3 record.

for more information on the game click here http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/53054267/boxscore.aspx

This Post:
14411.245 in reply to 14411.244
Date: 12/13/2012 7:37:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
New Team, New League, Old Manager

The Suns Gambit a new team in this game but has a old manager playing again. The Suns gambit started off well in the season while testing out it's new players with a score of 115-85 in favor of the Suns. Stuart Ortiz took charge of the team with a double-double to start the new franchise out. With his 16 points and 13 rebounds the Suns fans might have thought that he was the right man for our team to develop. But the manager said no there is another player who is willing to spend hours and hours training to promote this club into a higher division and he is Jess Angelo Cresencio the point guard from the Philippines.

The manager started to test him out with his 1st 2 games with both being hard games if not thought out well. But things are not falling in to place with this club when Jess Angelo Cresencio started off shooting bricks every quarter but the manager saw something different in Cresencio, even though he is only a 6 foot guard he averages 4.5 rebounds per game and with 7 assists per game.

Now with all of the players not ready for IV.20 the manager has decided to fire lots of players even though he knows he could sell them even for $1,000. But he is not taking the risk of wasting 3 days of waiting of selling these atrocious players. So the management has decided to bring in 2 experienced international players into the club just to make this team into a fighting one. Jorge Luis Cotoner and FLajos Takátsy were brought to the club to set the standards but the management wanted a forward who has great skills and a great potential to the game. that's where Fabian Straßberger comes in to the club giving lots of talent and heart into this franchise.

With 3 games over with the new management into this club it could have been better and it could have been worse but the franchise is glad to have these 3 players giving wins to the club and letting us go a little farther into the Philippine Cup.

This Post:
14411.246 in reply to 14411.241
Date: 12/15/2012 8:12:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
PRO Tambays torched the Bennyville Subdivision in a Saturday thriller. 100-96

The Facts: Fong Kong Chian regained his MVP form with his stellar scoring performance after receiving his well-deserved minutes.

Fong scored 26 points leading the game in points with 11/20 FG but it's not only him who is hot that night. Vincent Michon is the man who scored 22 points with an incredible 10/12 FG performance. Gerald Tomina and Lian Deping added 20 and 16 points respectively.

Rodrigo Lantican, a 19 year old small forward, had an exceptional game, leading the Subs ,in scoring with 25 points who lost in all of their 5 games.

Quotable: "I am on bench but I am never frustrated in the last minute lineup changes by the management. I made it an opportunity. Instead, I watched my teammates play thus giving me chance to learn their strengths and weaknesses. That's the job of a point guard right?"
-------- PRO Tambays PG Alberto Valerio Sta. Maria

The Stat: The Tambays led as much as 16 points in the 1st half but the Subs never gave up, cutting the lead to four in the final 2 minutes. Also the Tambays just attempted 77 shots due to the "out of bounds rebound" thus giving the Subs more opportunities to score in their 97 attempts.

Turning Point: The Tambays stopped the Subs' run in the last 2 minutes. Defending almost everything despite having a poor offense in that moment.

HOT: A 53.2% FG for the Tambays and led the game from the start up to the end.

NOT: Tambays' free throws were atrocious, sinking only 17 in 34 attempts. Especially in the 1 minute mark where Pacquing and Fong missed their crucial throws.

Quotable II: "Free Throws killed us, it wasn't free anymore when they are fouling us throughout the game. We choked at the final minutes but I'm glad my boys execute their superb defense."
-------- PRO Tambays coach Patrick Juanico

UP NEXT: The Tambays will face the unbeaten team damy who is a fan favorite.

This Post:
14411.247 in reply to 14411.246
Date: 12/15/2012 9:26:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Blades lose grip at the end; falls to Ninja School Dropouts

League III.1
Bacoor Blades @ Ninja School Dropouts
The Dojo
22:25

A baseline jumper from Kelly Paul with 3:27 remaining in the game would prove to be the last basket the Bacoor Blades would be able to make as they ultimately succumbed to league-leading Ninja School Dropouts, 90-87 at The Dojo.

At that point, the Blades were up 87-78, and they looked poised to hand the Dropouts their first loss of the season. Ultimately though, they home side went on a 12-0 run to close the game ignited by a Diego Sanz jumper on the ensuing play as they slowly crept back in the game. A basket from Vladimiro Barbagli took the lead away from the Blades at 88-87. Two free throws by Victoriano Maglangit punched the final tally.

The Blades had two chances to tie the game up. After calling a timeout with 19 seconds remaining, the Blades turn the ball over as Ferencas Dzarajevas managed to get the steal. Team co-captain Kelly Paul fouls Maglangit anew with 4 seconds remaining. Maglangit failed to make both of his charities which gave way to another Blades opportunity. After calling another timeout, the Blades were able to get a shot off, but Eladio Martin's three-pointer over Bing Reston missed the mark.

The game saw the Blades lead throughout its entirety, with Iliya Dimov beginning the strike during the first canto. A fightback attempted by the Dropouts would be weathered by the Blades as they were able to hold a slim 47-45 lead. It also saw one player from both sides unable to return to the game. Eugenio Genco and Evgeny Domarev, with Genco moving out during the second quarter and Domarev at the third. Both players suffered minor injuries that would still allow them to play their next assignments.

"It was a matter of defense in the end." says team manager TheDogMan. "We were able to keep them at bay even without Eugenio. But they figure it out by the second half of the fourth quarter." he continued.

"But I am proud of them, they were able to take on the league-leaders like that?! It's a sign of things to come."

"We were close to winning. A few defensive lapses and they were able to turn things around." said team co-captain Paul.

Dimov paced the Bacoor side with 22 points on 9-15 shooting, followed by Pedro Horcasitas with 17, Paul with 13 and Marcos Paulo Petry with 11.

The home side were led by Dzarajevas's 21, followed by Domarev's 19, SimeĂłn Bertoa with 18 and 18 rebounds and Barbagli with 14 to go along with 14 rebounds. Dropouts played without Indonesian Roni Arfan, who is in the injury list for at least one more week.

The loss sees the Blades climb down to sixth place in the Big 8 Conference with a 2-3 record, while the Ninja School Dropouts remain spotless in five assignments

For more information on the game, go to http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/53054274/boxscore.aspx

This Post:
14411.248 in reply to 14411.247
Date: 12/15/2012 4:35:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
After four games, coach Sakazuki Gensui still tries to shuffle through the players to find out what is best for the team having a different starting lineup each game. GM wizard535 said "I'll just let Coach Saka do what he thinks can bring a W, that's his job. We got 3 wins so far, so he must not be doing a bad move."

However, things did not look well for the MarineAdmirals right from the start of their game against the palengke brawlers. Coach Saka put an unorthodox lineup, starting Ahmad and Patrick at the guard positions and JDV at the center. Elmo was also used as a G while JM as a big man. After the game, Ahmad said "I don't know what happened. Coach told me to bring the ball and facilitate. I was like 'WHAT'?". Alex Arboleda did not know was surprised as well "Everything was going well for the team so I was shocked to hear I was not starting nor playing my usual spot. Back then I just thought that there MIGHT be a reason." The MarineAdmirals lost 93-73 in front of their 16000 fans.

GM wizard535 has expressed disbelief on what has just happened. "I don't know what Saka was thinking. I really had no idea. I thought we got the game but he let it slip away. Disappointing... There is no excuse he can say for this!" As of press time, news is that Coach Saka has been fired and will be replaced by interim Coach Kuzan. It was found that Coach Saka was having psychological after her recent family loss.

Last edited by wizard535 at 12/16/2012 12:05:48 AM

This Post:
14411.249 in reply to 14411.248
Date: 12/16/2012 12:37:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perfect Zero Season Over!

Zebu Mayas took advantage of Suntok sa Mars weakened front line after Alan Juridico, long time power forward for the said team, was sold in the transfer market leaving only 140k center Albert Tenerife manning the paint. Zebu Mayas bigmen Paul Pasana and Francis Calo grabbed 12 and 14 rebounds respectively as they outrebounded Suntok sa Mars 39 to 59 enroute to a 91 to 76 victory.

But it was the trio of Prince John Nalzaro, and newcomers Ariel Domingo and Jed Robison who did most of the damage offensively with their amazing drives and mid range jumpers scoring 24, 21 and 12 points respectively. The three said players also made 5, 8 and 6 assists respectively giving their defenders fits all night in trying to guess who will be shooting the ball.

"We used to rely too much on Rizaldy Suigilon in trying to orchestrate our offense but today with our three guys passing the ball pretty well our offensive flow was pretty amazing. Hopefully this will be the start of the turnaround of our teams woes. One win in the step to a new direction." said Lolo Smithz happily in a telephone interview as he was nowhere to be found during the game as he was out partying in fear of getting more insults if his team lost again in their home court.

In other league 2.4 news, Niinja continues his amazing run with a 5 win no loss season while Arcanix Men got their first loss in a shocking 53-89 loss against the always dangerous Fleiaz. In the Great 8 conference Team Damy continues his redemption run with a 5 win no loss record. During an earlier interview PH-Damy was 100 percent sure his team will win league 2.4 this season and finally get promoted to the PPL next season eliciting looks and snickers from the assemble press. Hopefully his guarantee will become a reality by the end of the season or else it will be another heartbreaking seasons end for PH-Damy.

Last edited by Lolo Smithz at 12/16/2012 12:38:05 AM

This Post:
14411.250 in reply to 14411.249
Date: 12/16/2012 2:57:56 AM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
No fourth quarter meltdowns: Dahlia Mavericks earns first victory, upsets Pampanga Dragons
The Barracks Indoor Stadium -- The Dahlia Mavericks were determined to get this one. With inspired play and crisp execution down the stretch, they finally notch their first victory defeating Pampanga Dragons 77-75.

"It's no secret that we are losing in the fourth," GM Nicolo Maro said. "but it's just a matter of time before we earn that W."

"I am happy with our win!" exclaimed owner Yo Chi. "we made crucial stops and critical play down the stretch."

Oscar Algaba led the way scoring 22 points on 83% shooting (10-12 FG including 2-2 from downtown) in only 13 minutes of play. "He was in a zone" GM Q said. "It's one of those games that you turn the lights out!"

"Oscar powered his way thru our defense hitting, at one point 5 or more consecutive shots in the game." the Dragons coach said.

It was a defensive game that both teams went to the free throw line for a combined 13 attempts! (Mavs 3-3, PD 7-10).

"I guess the referee wants a brawl there eh?" Apolonio Sepulveda said who notched a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.

The Mavs controlled the game with 52-43 rebounding advantage and 19-11 in the assist category. The poised execution was evident when Calvin Robles dunked the ball that gave the Mavs their taste of lead 77-75 and the Dragons not converting theirs at the end.

Teodosio Amante who has an unusually off-night (3-21 FG shooting) though grabbing 13 boards said "as I've said, I'd rather score 0 and win than score 50 and lose."

Julius Mamicpic led the Dragons with 25 points but the rest were listless in the game. "I guess we were on vacation?" Mamicpic quipped.

Next game up for the Mavs is against 'rival' Celestial Wrath (2-3) who eliminated them in PPL contention two seasons ago. "We will prepare for this powerhouse" GM Nicolo Maro said.

Interesting note: The Dahlia Mavericks first encountered the Dragons back in Season 9 when they were known as Pampanga Generals. In four meetings, the Mavs have their number winning all games. The two teams have come a long way since then!

This Post:
14411.251 in reply to 14411.250
Date: 12/16/2012 11:25:10 AM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Another Round Finally Loses; Jam All Star Takes the Top Spot in PPL

Winning games at an average of 16.2 points, Jam All Star has the highest point differential among teams with a 4-1 record. Joining them are Jungle Bolo .45 and Another Round.

memongs grow cold from beyond the arc, losing 91-103 to Celestial Wrath
Celestial Wrath got the lead early in the game and ended the first quarter holding a 9 point advantage. Coupled with a strong 3-2 zone which holds memongs to 0-27 shooting from downtown, they maintained the lead to get the victory.

Dahlia Mavericks used a fourth quarter push to edge out Pampanga Dragons 77-75
(14411.250)

MarineAdmiral’s players confused with rotation as they get blown out by palengke brawlers 73-93
(14411.248)

Redemson Tomulto dunks with ball with 17 seconds in the second overtime to win give Jam All Star a win over Manila Bombers
Starting the 4th quarter with the opponent leading by 5, Manila Bombers made a run to close the gap. With the game on the line, they were relentless, Ildefons Codony hitting a three with seconds left in the clock to send the game to overtime. Losing by four with one minute left in overtime, reserve Izhar Kuperman hit two jumpers to tie the game and have another overtime period. By this period, Manila Bombers finally ran out of gas hit Achille Caetta missing a three point attempt that would have given them the lead.

Jungle Bolo .45 holds on a 2 point lead for a victory over Dagonoy Valets
In his best game for the season, Nutautas Aperaitis made clutch buckets late in the fourth quarter to come from behind and tie the game. In overtime, despite a large deficit, Aperaitis hit two threes to close the gap. However, needed to score two points, Jungle Bolo .45 stopped Shi Kwan Shing and Lee Min Chin to add a point in their win total.

remedial kings scored a convincing victory over Lonely Hearts Club
Canadian NT Center Pierre-Charles Jutras had a nice outing making 15-24 shots on his way to 36 points but got little help from his teammates including Philippine NT Pete Montallana having an off night with 11 points on 4-14 shooting. remedial kings on the other hand had a more balanced scoring led by Daniel Rivera with 24 while Philippine NT Charlie Pelesco had 16 points, 8 assists and 4 steals leading to the final 25 point margin.

dilata keeps Team Polydozel winless in a 93-76 victory
In the key matchup, Diego Vallejo outscored Mariusz Rusak 31-14 despite being paid less than half the salary of his counterpart. With this, dilata overcame a rough shooting night from key players Glueckert and Szmigiel and run away with the victory after a 25-12 fourth quarter.

Another Round loses their first game of the season
Playing the 1-3-1 zone from tip off, WPS Sentinels were determined to stop the potent outside offense of Another Round. Winning the second quarter by ten points and keeping the point differential in the other quarters close, WPS Sentinels gave Another Round their first taste of defeat since losing to Jungle Bolo Cuarenta y Cinco(now Jungle Bolo .45) over a month ago. Guan Likang had a breakout game scoring 21 points along with 9 assists for WPS Sentinels while Fatih Behnane did everything he could scoring 29 points including 5 threes over a defense intent on stopping outside shots.

This Post:
14411.252 in reply to 14411.7
Date: 12/18/2012 8:21:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Career Game

Youngster Hazzan Diva only 19yrs old a U21 candidate has registered his first ever double double for the season, his 2nd overall on a regular season game for his young career, against Bodi Heat earlier tonight.
Diva a sophomore helps Batangas Five get pass Bodi Heat scoring a career high 20pts shooting a very good 53% from the field, adding 17 rebounds.

"i am happy for him" said the coach, on a post game interview. "i knew i could rely on him down low, if we have to score."

with the win Batangas five is now in 2nd place in great 8 conference of div.IV.4 behind the still unbeaten Yashiwa D' Savior.

leading the Batangas charge is Diva with 20pts and 17 rebs, veteran Cyril Lazarraga also performing well with his own double, his 2nd for the season (regular league game only), scoring 20pts. also rebounding 10, 2 comming from the offensive end. Weixiong added 12 pts, 4 Asts for the Batangas cause.

Leading Bodi Heat on a lossing effort is neirlich with 15pts, 15rebs, 4 comming off offensive board....

Last edited by walangutak at 12/18/2012 7:25:05 PM

This Post:
14411.253 in reply to 14411.252
Date: 12/18/2012 8:00:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Unnecessary Roughness

Zebu Mayas won their second straight game winning 94 to 82 after starting 0-4 for the season against injury plagued team of San Antipolo Spurs. Spurs already without top PG Rennor Macoco at the start of the game saw newly acquired veteran guard Benas Bilskis go down during the first minute of play after a hard foul by Ariel Domingo then saw Václav Cejpek go down to another Zebu Mayas player Jed Robison in the second half while driving strong to the hoop. Zebu Mayas took advantage of the situation and blew the game wide open with a 30 to 11 2nd quarter and an 18 point lead at the half and veteran Ariel Domingo scoring at will ending up with 29 points 8 assists 3 rebounds 3 blocks and 2 steals.

After the game reporters and angry San Antipolo Spurs fans surrounded the Zebu Mayas team and a riot almost broke out. Zebu Mayas owner Lolo Smithz had to address the crowd and the reporters after reports that several teams had filed a protest at the league office for unnecessary roughness by Zebu Mayas players and the talk of a bounty by the team owner for every player injured.

"We vehemently deny there is an order or bounty to injure players of the opposing teams. Injuries are part of the game we don't have anything to do with it when an opposing player goes up for a shot or drives to the basket and comes down limping afterwards. We here at Zebu Mayas do not deliberately injure players just for the sake of winning. In fact one of our players Benito Castillo is out for 2 weeks after getting injured in the final minutes of our last cup game. We appeal to all to calm down before anyone gets hurt unnecessarily." Lolo Smithz said in a brief statement. It had to take police and security to get the Zebu Mayas team out the San Antipolo Spurs arena safely.

In the game of the night in league 2.4 Team Damy playing at Pro Tambays home court survived to win and stay unbeaten with a 6-0 record in a 127 to 117 overtime thriller. Team Damy survived a 47 and 32 point barrage by Fong Kong Chian and Lian Deping with an equally amazing performance by Roy Deriada scoring 39 points and hauling down 14 rebounds. Pro Tambays owner PH-Cezzz said his players choked in overtime and he was very confident of beating Team Damy tonite. The other unbeaten team in league 2.4 Niinja is unbeaten no more as they were massacred by a very pumped upped Arcanix Men 45 to 83.

This Post:
14411.254 in reply to 14411.253
Date: 12/19/2012 7:01:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Blades get trumped at home

CleMeNZas Spaghetti Sauce @ Bacoor Blades
The Bacoor Forum
20:01

The Bacoor Blades lose their second straight after failing to keep pace with Big 8 #2 seed CleMeNZas Spaghetti Sauce, ultimately getting downed, 98-79 at The Bacoor Forum.

It was the close game at the first quarter, with the the visitors leading by only one, 24-23. A methodical breakdown of the Blades' defense ensued from the second quarter on that culminated on a third quarter storm that blew the game away as they only allowed the Blades to score 13 points for the period. They would continue to hang on to their big lead until the final buzzer without allowing a possible comeback from the home side.

Dingdong Dominic Velasco led the charge from CleMeNZas with 30 points, five rebounds and six assists. He is backed by Jun Wesley Sorongon's 23 points and five assists. Elviro Ching notched a double-double for them with 17 points and 13 rebounds.

The Blades were led by Iliya Dimov's 22 points followed by Kelly Paul's double-double of his own with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Eugenio Genco only scored 9 points but grabbed 10 rebounds for the Bacoor five.

"We knew that we were going to have a hard time dealing with a top-tier team like them. We got the impression that we could hang with the best of them with the way we performed against the (Ninja School) Dropouts. I guess this brought us back to earth." says team manager TheDogMan.

The Blades remain in sixth place with a 2-4 win-loss record. They were coming off an impressive performance on the road although falling short to league-leading Dropouts prior to meeting CleMeNZas. They will face Unstoppable Titans in their next league assignment.

for more info, go to http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/53054283/boxscore.aspx

Last edited by TheDogMan at 12/19/2012 7:05:47 AM

Advertisement