14411.284 in reply to 14411.283
Date: 2/5/2013 9:07:11 AM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
Bigs Win: Dahlia Mavericks defeated Palengke Brawlers 111-96

Q. Arena, Philippines -- There's no stopping Apolonio Sepulveda and Scott Famaran from dominating this game. 'Fama' scored 10 points to a sizzling 29-15 first quarter. At the half, 'Sepu' already had a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds for a 55-44 lead.

They were yin and yang to each other as Sepu finished with 32 points and 17 rebounds in 11-20 FG shooting while Fama had 26 points and 13 caroms in 10-18 FG shooting to lead the Mavs to a 111-96 victory.

"This game is important as the race to the playoffs is tight to the finish" GM Nicolo Maro said. Owner Yo Chi simply said "great win" as it was very much evident that he wants to make the playoffs at 'all-cost'.

Mavs coach Doc lauded their team's performance as they were 'aggressive' throughout the game as evident with their 37 attempts from the line (making 29) compared to their opponents 12 attempts. Coach Doc smirked when asked if his comments that netted the team $250k were a factor in this game.

He lauded their performance instead as they grabbed 17 rebounds more than the Brawlers. "We make sure that we dominate on that end!" coach Doc emphatically said.

He also noted Ananias Capuyan's 20 points, 7 rebounds and 4 steals as well as Fillmore Sabangan's overall play with 12 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists.

Palengke Brawler lead guards were 'awesome' as Sandro Traina led them with 27 points while Rodney Tronco chipped in 22.

"They were ready to brawl with us in this one" Brawlers coach said.

This Post:
14411.285 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 2/5/2013 7:40:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Disastrous Victory

With 4 seconds left in the hard fought 97 to 89 win by Zebu Mayas, top Mayas Guard Prince John Nalzaro grabbed a defensive rebound and was fouled by Maroon's Cor Vandersmissen and went down to an injury. It was a very sorry ending after the Zebu Mayas fans and bench were seen rejoicing just a few seconds back. Prognosis on Prince John Nalzaro's injury was not good as he is expected to miss at least 4 games.

Owner of Zebu Mayas Lolo Smithz was visibly upset by the injury. "Last 4 seconds and you do a hard foul on a player rebounding. If that isn't a cheap shot I don't know what to call it. Last 4 #@%% seconds of the game."

"We won't have Prince John to finish the last 3 games of the regular season. With our remaining opponents guard heavy we seriously are going to miss Prince John's defense. Even with a two win lead from the 8th place team and currently 5th place in the conference it will be hard not to think that auto relegation is looming in the horizon. Do miracles still happen nowadays?"

This Post:
14411.286 in reply to 14411.285
Date: 2/19/2013 7:58:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Legue III.8 Playoff Picture

With the season closing, we now move on to the post season on League III.8. We start on the Big 8 conference.

The LBC Express Mailers II struggles on the opening quarter of their first round game against Pasig City Blunder. Stanley Tobongbanua picks up 2 quick fouls not even 1 minute in the first quarter that benched him on the remaining of the quarter returning only in the final minutes of the opening quarter. Lavaud, Libunao, and Ratautas also picked up 2 fouls in the opening quarter. Things turned around at the second quarter. They started to manage to make open shots and manage fouls grabbing the lead and never looking back.

26-24, 44-52, 62-75, 90-108

Cabugao Ants also advanced to the next round as they defeat Royal Apaches in their series 115-128. The Ants looked poise to winning the series in the first half after they outscored the Apaches in the second quarter 18-42 but the Apaches never go down without a fight. They crawled back to the game reducing the deficit to a manageable lead but Mammadbayov denied them at the last quarter scoring clutch baskets on the crucial minutes of the game and came ayaw with the win.

28-27, 46-69, 83-94, 115-128

We now go to the Great 8 where Hesus and Bgy.Guaping Voolocks go down the wire on their own series. Voolocks led most of the game until Hesus started a run in the second half. Dalibagas and Draklius tied the game with back to back 3-pointers. Draklius actually had a chance earlier to tie the game but he missed 2 crucial freethrows. Unfortunately for the Hesus, after making 2 big shots to tie the game, they gave up a controversial foul by Klos to Yturri who sinks both freethrows that steals them the game.

14-19, 32-45, 50-61, 81-83

on the other game, jopaus comeback cruised pass the Katipunan Patriots for an easy win, 65-94. Jopau never gave room for error on their game and never gave the Patriots any chance crushing them almost instantly as soon as they started the game. They dominated the whole game that gave them a chance to rest their starting 5 in preparation for the next round. Lukk and Zelcans lead the way for jopau with 27 each while Serag and Villagracia each had 23 and 22 respectively for the Patriots.

16-23, 25-56, 38-79. 65-94

Message deleted
This Post:
14411.288 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 2/26/2013 2:25:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
League 2.4 finals preview

Defense vs Offense

Which is mightier an invincible spear or an invincible shield? On paper Ph-Damy Team Damy's team salary is higher than that of Junnix of Arcanix Men about 100k plus higher which makes him the hands on favorite to win.

But numbers can be deceiving as Arcanix Men suffered only one loss all season long even with playing TIE more than 90 percent of the time. Arcanix Men wins through defense. Low scoring games is the main feature of Arcanix Men's games which is a bore to watch and frustration on the part of his opponents because of their inability to score. How his team can stop other teams from scoring remains a big mystery that has mystified everyone in league 2.4 despite such low salary players. His star bigman Wu Lu PO Teh is the current MVP of the league.

Team Damy boasts of the 2nd highest salary in league 2.4. His starting pg Campomanes lead the league in assists at 8.4 assists per game. Star PF Roy Deriada is a proven scorer who can also rebound well. Rutherford Corneja the wily veteran on the last years of his playing career can massacre you with his scoring given the chance.

In their head to head matchup Arcanix Men won over Team Damy Normal to TIE.

Who will win. Who controls the SF position will probably win this final series. Both teams SF position is their weakest point. If Arcanix Men can make Derieda turnover the ball many times it will be a plus factor for him. Homecourt advantage is in Arcanix Men's favor. So can the invincible spear win against the invincible shield this time around?

Last edited by Lolo Smithz at 2/26/2013 2:30:17 AM

This Post:
14411.289 in reply to 14411.288
Date: 3/21/2013 10:24:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Dont look now but the Tyrantz of GM-Mod Warbo now holds the top spot in II.4 Great 8 Standings after a stinging lost at the start of the conference now the Tyrantz is on a roll 3rd straight winning streak and thus holding the 3-1 slate together with the Relentless Vikings. Lead by their top player Baltramijus Brinklys both on Offense (21.5 PPG) and defense (20 RPG, 1.5 BPG) on his best 60% FGP, "Wag muna po tayo umasa agad ng malaki or matayog..." as we quote GM-Mod Warbo saying after the game presscon, "..to our fans we offer you these games that we have won because of your full support, pray for us to deliver the goods and fight with us until the next rounds."

Next game will be on saturday which will pit them against another top caliber team the Relentless Vikings.

---AP/Reuters/ABS/TV5

This Post:
14411.290 in reply to 14411.289
Date: 4/3/2013 6:54:06 AM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
No Dispo, No Problem

The Beermen reserves crushed the mismanaged Pines City Evicerators as they dueled head to head at the Red Horse Arena to give the Red Horse Beermen their 5th consecutive win.

It was an effortless homecourt win for the Beermen against a talent-less team, and to some spectators, the game was already decided at the end of the first quarter. The Beermen dressed 7 players of which all starters have a monstrous double double performance with Gaetano Tambalo leading the way with game high 31 points and 11 rebounds. Chen Dingzong, nearly had a 5x5 feat, also played magnificent game with 30 points, 20 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals and 4 blocks.

The Beermen started the second half aggressively as they poured down 43 third quarter points against to only 4 for the Pines City Evicerators. The Beermen didn't slow down since then. "It's like we are having our practice shooting, they gave us wide open shots and they don't contest much of our shot inside and out." said Gaetano Tambalo in front of the reporters.

On the other hand, letting the main players off the court had the ticket sales suffered, with only 8,797 seats filled. "I'm sad to see empty seats but i really have to let my key players to skip this game. It is in preparation for our upcoming game in the Philippine Cup Tournament. I want to test our key players' skill against a top team, I hope the opposing team will suit their best players. I just hope we could catch a big fish comes game time." told coach Huck Finn. "Nevertheless, I gave the reserves a chance to show off their skills and to impress the fans. It will also help the team to build more home-based fans." he ended.

Rumor says otherwise. Johnas Dispo opted not to play in today's game due to a demand letter sent to him by his former coach at the U21 team, Lolo Smithz. A reliable source told that Dispo received the letter upon arrival from Taiwan. A lot of people, mainly Zebu Mayas employees, saw Dispo talking to Manager Lolo Smithz to settle the differences between them. Another source told that Dispo gave Lolo Smithz a souvenir from Taiwan, a jacket and a cd, as a peace offering. "Manager Lolo Smith accepted the gift but nobody knows if that flattened everything between them."

So, will Lolo Smithz tells us his side of the story? Or is this just a fabricated story?

Last edited by Huck Finn at 4/3/2013 6:54:48 AM

This Post:
14411.291 in reply to 14411.290
Date: 4/3/2013 10:44:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
"Demand letter was sent to the manager of Dispo Mr. Huck Finn for NT lobbying fees. Since Dispo got into the NT payment is demanded and Mr. Huck Finn refused to pay up. Never was Mr. Jonhas Dispo sent a demand letter. Will sue Mr. Huck Finn for libel again if he refuses to apologize for lies being peddled." said lawyer of Lolo Smithz. :P :P :P

"Jonhas Dispo and Lolo Smithz are good friends. There is nothing wrong between them. Period."

This Post:
14411.292 in reply to 14411.291
Date: 4/4/2013 8:40:58 AM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
BLuE Jeanz Ended The Beermen's Philippine Cup Stint

Although the Beermen played with a higher intensity, The Blue Jeans spoiled Ben Brochian's debut as a Beermen with an amazing 79-90 victory at the El Rancho Camp Thursday night.

A native of Israel, Ben Brochian was acquired by the Beermen to strengthen the team's backcourt. Before playing for the Beermen, he averages 13.8 points, 17.0 rebounds, 0.2 assist and 0.8 steal. "All in all, I am happy for what I've seen in his game tonight. I'm sure he will give us wins this season. He just lacked support from our mainstays that's why (we lost)." coach Huck Finn said. "I don't blame my players because i knew that we're facing a talent-laden team. It helps us measure our team's capacity against a better and a more talented teams. As for Johnas Dispo, I'm sure he ate a lot of dust coming from his counterpart, I hope this challenges him to improve his game a little more." he added.

The dynamic duo of Herman Botnen and Johnas Dispo was no match against the Blue Jeans. Herman Botnen showed consistency while Johnas Dispo had a hard time finding his game. "The duo combined for only 36 points, lesser to what i expected." team owner Esmund Jay Santos commented via his twitter. Red Horse Beermen officials, including coach Huck Finn, immediately left the arena after the final buzzer.

Where are they heading? Yes, to the Zebu Maya office. After Lolo Smithz broke his silence, the Red Horse Beermen were shocked to hear the news. "I thought he'd never asked a lobbying fee for our Johnas Dispo's entry in the NT. If ever I'm aware of such circumstances, I could have given him what he wanted." said coach Huck Finn. "As you can see, I was hired as head coach of the Beermen in place of our former coach, now our team manager, Red Horse at the season start. I know nothing about their agreement. I should have been informed!" he continued.

Nevertheless, the negotiation took place. Team owner Esmund Jay Santos refuses to disclose to the media the minutes of their talks with the Zebu Maya team owner.

Do the both parties have concluded their dispute, or is this just a beginning of a bigger conflict?

The Scores:
Red Horse Beermen - 79. Brochian 30, Botnen 27, Obregón 9, Dispo 9, Romallosa 2, Moravčević 2, Batang 0, Gichev 0.

BLuE Jeanz - 90. Tadeusiak 28, Cuthbert 14, Minkang 13, Chiuselli 12, Macijevskis 10, Anguiano 9, Barbagli 2, Valenzuela 2, Fren 0.

The Quarters: 26-24, 43-40, 59-66, 79-90.

Last edited by Huck Finn at 4/4/2013 11:53:08 AM

This Post:
14411.293 in reply to 14411.292
Date: 4/4/2013 8:17:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Team Mokong Organization Shake-up - 04/05/13

After sufferring 2 crushing back-to-back losses, Team Manager Moks has finally decided to take decisive action to avert disaster from befalling his beloved ball club. "This is just unacceptable, losing to a relegation team and then being handily defeated in an early cup game especially when we needed that extra 50k to cover our expenses. Let's face it, we're in Division 3 which doesn't really rake in a lot of ticket sales, so we have to be smart. Work hard but work smart!", Moks was quoted during a press conference.

The following day, Team Coach Mikey D'Antonio was fired together with Team trainer Freddy "D'Ipis" Gomes. Team Manager Moks is now assuming the day-to-day coaching duties. "We don't have a lot of money right now and we are close to becoming bankrupt, so we all have to work harder and pull our weight around here. I've led this team to a championship before and I believe we can do it again.", Moks told reporters during the team's practice sessions that morning.

Team Manager / Coach Moks believes that his team is ready for Division 2 and that the players need to stop slacking off and start working on their stamina and their free throws if they want to elevate their game.

"Sabi ni bossing ... coach .. na kelagnan ko raw magpapayat at matulog ng maaga para tumagal naman daw ako hanggang 4th quarter. Tsaka wag na daw ako laging dumisDISCARte sa mga chicks tuwing nag Free Throw para di laging sala.", Star player and NT team member Edgar "Mr. Discarte" Discar told reporters earlier.

If everything comes together as Mokong planned, Division 3.11 should brace themselves for the coming storm.

Last edited by Mokong at 4/4/2013 8:43:03 PM

This Post:
14411.294 in reply to 14411.293
Date: 4/6/2013 10:44:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just Like Old Times

Efren Montana and Wilson Toong scored 21 and 23 points respectively to lead Zebu Mayas to an easy 108 to 92 win against Juguars. Calvert Manalastaas succumbed to an early injury during the first 3 minutes of the game and Efren Montana played superbly the rest of the way. Long time fans were treated to a spectacle they long to witness again.

One fan had this to say. "I never thought I'd see the first ever draft picks of Zebu Mayas play together again and scoring at will. Its been a long time since Zebu Mayas was in the lower leagues and both Montana and Toong were the stars of this team while coming up the ranks. This is like an ominous sign of greater things to come."

Zebu Mayas owner and coach Lolo Smithz couldn't help but shed a tear when interviewed by reporters. "Seeing Wilson Toon and Efren Montana play that well together brings back memories when Zebu Mayas was still starting out. Both were integral parts of this team and the reason why we reached eague 2 in the first palce. It's a miracle they could play again after all these seasons. Maybe fate had destined them to come together to make something miraculous happen. I pray and hope that our team will be blessed to win it all at the end of the season."

Advertisement