Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
324280.29 in reply to 324280.28
Date: 6/18/2024 5:35:38 PM
Velotrol Metalizado
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, this is a HUGE announce. Like many here I played since season 6 (stopped and came back), I was 13 years old (28 now) that time!

Because of that, I have a lot of affection for the game and know many others too, so, this approach by a company seems good and bad at the same time, we can make the game last longer and be funnier, with community growth and good changes, but my fear its that BB become a APP game like Top Eleven, for example, this kind of fast pace/pay to win game, the same concern as I can see in this topic.

What I'd like to know is if there's someone of the old developers team and/or people who care about the game and the community till now in the new team, would make me feel a bit safe about what to expect.

Of course I wish the best lucky and a good work for BB-Marco.

This Post:
324280.30 in reply to 324280.1
Date: 6/18/2024 6:18:38 PM
Mordialloc Heat
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Good luck to the new ownership.
I do hope the game is not turned into a pay to win type game.
Also, many of us sports nuts that play sport sim games don't require all the fancy bells and whistles of other games.
Please don't over complicate the menus and set out of the game. If anything, give us more stats that are available on the Buzzer-Manager page.
Cheers

This Post:
324280.31 in reply to 324280.1
Date: 6/18/2024 6:22:18 PM
Kharkov Tigers
Superleague
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Utopia Tigers
when new owners say they will make changes to the parts of the game that I like and don't think the changes are needed... this is alarming. will hope for the best

This Post:
324280.32 in reply to 324280.1
Date: 6/18/2024 6:54:47 PM
Carlaxity
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
CM Basket Academy
All the best to the new owners and all the best to our beloved game...i hope this won´t be a contradiction!

This Post:
324280.33 in reply to 324280.20
Date: 6/18/2024 7:21:59 PM
Antimasys
Liga Mexicana de Baloncesto
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope it doesn't turn out like Hatrick in the football manager game? Supporter prices skyrocketed and most of them stopped ! Me too ! Hatrick 2006-2019 ???Perhaps BB 2008-2024 ???

Precisely my sentiment!
Many changes in Hattrick were pay to win (the ladders, the arena, etc..)
Fortunatelly, Hattrick returned to its previous owners... yet some of those money seeking changes persist.

Again, I hope things improve for the better, but we all will be watching closely.

This Post:
324280.34 in reply to 324280.1
Date: 6/18/2024 7:33:50 PM
Asingratitos BC
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:

Spicy Sparks is best known for the music streaming app eSound Music, but also has experience developing online games in the past. Feel free to check out the Spicy Sparks website https://spicysparks.com and get to know them better.

Welcome to the new owners. I would be delighted to see some UI and UX changes to the game. But I have a few questions.

While the announcement mentions game development experience of the company, there are no games mentioned in the company website. What are these games and what happened to them?

I downloaded the eSound app and I am really concerned about the UI similarities with spotify. Is the plan for buzzerbeater to be so heavily inspired (trying to be polite here) by other projects? That would put the long term survival of the game into uncharted waters from a legal perspective.

Many UI elements of the eSound app are freezing constantly on Android. Is this a short term issue you are dealing with, or is this happening for an extended period of time?

Many reviews on the Android app store are claiming that the eSound App starts with zero ads for new users, but soon afterwards the user is shown blocking ads (e.g. ads between songs). Buzzerbeater currently has no obstructive ads for free users. Is your plan similar for this game?

This Post:
324280.35 in reply to 324280.34
Date: 6/18/2024 8:05:39 PM
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna

Spicy Sparks is best known for the music streaming app eSound Music, but also has experience developing online games in the past. Feel free to check out the Spicy Sparks website (https://spicysparks.com) and get to know them better.

Welcome to the new owners. I would be delighted to see some UI and UX changes to the game. But I have a few questions.

While the announcement mentions game development experience of the company, there are no games mentioned in the company website. What are these games and what happened to them?

I downloaded the eSound app and I am really concerned about the UI similarities with spotify. Is the plan for buzzerbeater to be so heavily inspired (trying to be polite here) by other projects? That would put the long term survival of the game into uncharted waters from a legal perspective.

Many UI elements of the eSound app are freezing constantly on Android. Is this a short term issue you are dealing with, or is this happening for an extended period of time?

Many reviews on the Android app store are claiming that the eSound App starts with zero ads for new users, but soon afterwards the user is shown blocking ads (e.g. ads between songs). Buzzerbeater currently has no obstructive ads for free users. Is your plan similar for this game?

oh boy...

This Post:
324280.36 in reply to 324280.33
Date: 6/18/2024 8:11:44 PM
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
I hope it doesn't turn out like Hatrick in the football manager game? Supporter prices skyrocketed and most of them stopped ! Me too ! Hatrick 2006-2019 ???Perhaps BB 2008-2024 ???

Precisely my sentiment!
Many changes in Hattrick were pay to win (the ladders, the arena, etc..)
Fortunatelly, Hattrick returned to its previous owners... yet some of those money seeking changes persist.

Again, I hope things improve for the better, but we all will be watching closely.

If they make BB pay-to-win it will be the death of the game, the game is too slow for those who have pay-to-win mentality and people who love BB don't have the mentality of paying to win. This will be a total lose-lose situation, it won't bring new users and will definitely alienate current users.

If I had to chose I'd rather chose Buzzerbeater with slow servers and site instability than playing a fast pay-to-win Buzzerbeater.

This Post:
324280.37 in reply to 324280.36
Date: 6/18/2024 8:25:43 PM
LionDash
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually I am more curious for justin and martin. Are they still the main guy? The app still have a long way to go.. unsure if is going remake or continue from there..🙂🙃

Message deleted
This Post:
324280.39 in reply to 324280.1
Date: 6/18/2024 9:06:36 PM
Coos Bay Cougars
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
Unpopular opinion.

If it brings more players. I am up for anything. This game used to have a 5th division in some countries. I don't want to be bragging about my BB accomplishments to the same 10 guys for the next 20 years. When I came back 3 years ago I was honestly shocked this game was even still being played. (Majority of UI on the site didn't change in 7 years.)

I imagine the game was sold for a reason. We are an ungrateful lot that make it hard on BBs... Change something, "HOW COULD YOU!?" Don't change anything, "DO THE OWNERS EVEN CARE ANYMORE?!"

Just cause we came here first doesn't mean we have a right to have things our way.

Nothing has even changed yet. All I see is new folks that are passionate about our favorite game. This is a win to me.

*Soapbox Vacated*

The doctor is in...
Advertisement