BB Philippines > BB Sports Network

BB Sports Network

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
14411.321 in reply to 14411.320
Date: 4/22/2013 9:24:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Reporters caught Dabandan while waiting for his flight back to Ukraine. He gamely answered all questions the throng of reporters had for him.

"Dispo was very modest today and even complimented you and was even seen offering an olive branch in his interview by saying he wanted to learn from the best if you are willing to teach him." asked a lady reporter from Philstar.

"I really have no quarrel with Dispo himself. It's good to hear from him instead of that lame manager of his Huck Finn. It's that lame egoistic manager of his who seems to be stirring up things always. If Dispo wants to learn from the best I am happy to tutor him. My days in the NT squad are numbered. I'm a realist so if I get to play a few more seasons in the NT then its already a blessing in disguise."

"But he also said something about karma of you shooting 0-10 last night. What do you say about that statement?" a reporter from PDI quickly butted in.

"Look I'm more known as a defender look at the opposing SF's and see their shooting percentage. If it were not for my superb defense we would have lost this game. Dispo in all his "immaturity" needs to understand that its the little things aside from scoring that makes you a valuable asset to your team. Some of those little things don't show up in the stat line. A little shove a little stare at your opponent can sometimes be a big difference in a game. Not bragging but opponents usually are already wary and scared of me when I'm the one guarding them. Yo Dispo remember that."

"And one last thing while I appreciate Boss Cezzz of giving me a chance to play in the NT again the reality is he only recruited me because most of our better players had very bad game shape including Abada and Crisostomo which were nowhere to be found yesterday. If the "future star" of our NT had enough talent to man the starting SF spot I wouldn't even be in our NT lineup this season. But still a big thank you to Boss Cezzz for finally making me a part of the NT squad."

"You are afraid Manager Cezzz will put you in the doghouse for that statement of yours?" a shocked reporter from Rappler asked.

"I think I've earned the right to say what I want to say with all the that I have given for our country. Whether he likes it or not he is stuck with me until the end of the season. He can't afford to kick me out of the NT squad (makes funny faces). So he will have to endure my not so nice comments whenever I see something wrong with the NT squad. Well in fact it just popped into my mind I should organize the veteran like minded players in our NT squad as a cohesive unit so that we can teach these young guns how to play well and give some friendly advice to our esteemed manager when we see fit."

"So that does this group of veterans include Pelasco who is the senior member of this squad?" asked another reporter from Bandila.

"Don't even start with me on our guards because we won't even finish this interview. Look my flight is boarding now I wish I could answer more questions but the sad fact is I'm flying commercial because our NT manager is too cheap to provide me with a private plane going back to Ukraine. But rest assured you will hear from the veterans group of our NT should very very soon" said Dabandan with a very evil smirk as he walked away.

This Post:
14411.322 in reply to 14411.321
Date: 4/28/2013 3:08:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Holster Feature: PPL: The First Score (Part 3)

A Second Dynasty Rises

The hunt for ribonucleic acid’s sixth straight championship was relatively harder. Although managing to nab the second seed of the Big 8 Conference behind Healthcare Providers, they only won 13 games and won the seeding via tiebreaker against kids next door. By this time, the Great 8 Conference was getting fierce by the rounds. The remedial kings had finally won the first seed after gaining 19 wins. The former #1 seed The Social Climbers ended up being a measly fourth seed after only managing to reach .500 after 22 elimination round games. They got trounced by the kings in their playoff matchup before defeating Swapings to reach the final. For ribonucleic acid, a dominant performance in the playoff versus kids next door and a defensive struggle versus Healthcare Providers booked their Finals ticket. Unlike their last Finals meeting, the first two games were split between the two teams. But a determined kings team finally dethroned their rivals, 118-109 in the rubber match to end ribonucleic acid’s five-season stranglehold of the League and win their very first PPL title.

The kings’ title defense saw them winning 20 elimination round games to reap the #1 seed in the Great 8. But on the other side, an obviously-determined ribonucleic acid was ready to make a push to return to the top, winning 21 games to top the Big 8 side. Their dominant playoff performances led to their fifth Finals meeting in seven seasons, the most number of times that two teams met in the PPL Big Dance. But as much as ribonucleic acid was able to be a worthy contender, seemingly stronger remedial kings swept the series following a 101-90 victory, winning their second title. The series marked the last time that these two teams would meet in the Finals with their same franchise name.

For the chase for their third title, the remedial kings would face a newcomer in the Finals. Barging out of the gates from the get-go, MaGuiNdAnAo wArLoRd won the Big 8 conference with 17 wins. The kings would cruise through the playoffs while wArLoRd would have a tougher outing but still managed to make it to the big dance. After being overwhelmed by the kings in Game 1, 89-71, wArLoRd put up a better fight in Game 2 but still fell short as theyfailed to make the cut, 99-94, securing the kings’ three-peat.

When Season 18 rolled along, pundits wanted to see if wArLoRd can repeat what they did the prior season. Unfortunately, they only won 12 games and the #4 seed in the Big 8. They lost in the Conference Semifinal against eventual Finalist memongs, 110-95, who also won against kids next door to become the third challenger to the reign of the remedial kings. After a Game 1 shellacking of memongs, it looked like the challengers were to just roll down and die. Game 2 saw both teams just rack up the scoreboards point after point. All of a sudden, a Benito Lanzas Manzanares three-pointer with eight seconds to go capped the game as memongs were able to even the series, 139-137. But as the series shifted back to the king arena, the inevitable truth was realized as a 115-92 scoreline for the kings sealed their fourth straight PPL championship.

This Post:
14411.323 in reply to 14411.322
Date: 4/28/2013 4:01:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Holster Feature: PPL: The First Score (Part 4)

Change of name, Change of fate

While their rivals remedial kings were building a dynasty of their own, former powerhouse ribonucleic acid was starting to decline. After seven straight Finals appearances, they only managed to place fifth in Season 17. By Season 18, they changed their franchise to Celestial Wrath in the hopes of turning the tides. But their performance that season was two games worse than the last, standing at .500 and at fifth place.

Then the jump came at Season 19, when they won the Big 8 Conference #1 seed with 19 wins and secured a finals seat with relatively easy wins against kids next door and zenningš. They faced the remedial kings, who were still riding high as the league’s gold standard. Celestial Wrath saw themselves absolutely outmatched by the kings in Game 1, 101-81. This led to a tanked Game 2, handing the remedial kings their fifth straight title, via a 25-0 forfeiture that saw only three players from the kings and two players from Celestial Wrath take the floor, a pretty awkward way to win the fifth title for remedial kings, a game that will forever live in infamy for those who witnessed it.

RK’s Final title and decline

The final successful championship defense of the remedial kings came in Season 20 at the expense of the Pampanga Dragons, who rose to the top in just their second season in the PPL. A three-game series tested the five-time champions. But they ultimately reached the top once again as they defeated the Dragons, 104-100 through superstar Charlie Pelesco’s 40 points as well as weathering the double-digit scoring outputs of five of the Dragons’ players, led by Gregorio Rosal’s 26 points. The win secured their sixth straight title, the most consecutive titles in PPL history exceeding ribonucleic acid’s five straight and the most titles in PPL.

Season 21 saw the tides of the PPL shift almost immediately. The competition became fierce, especially in the Great 8 Conference. After nine Finals appearances, including seven straight, and six consecutive PPL titles, breaking almost every standing record up to that point, remedial kings would see their seventh straight title hopes go awry as they only managed to win 16 games and the fourth seed in the Great 8 Conference. They were eliminated in the Conference Semifinal by Another Round, who won the #1 seed only by tiebreaker after three teams ended the elimination round with 17 wins. Another Round eventually won the title that season, defeating the Manila Bombers via sweep, highlighted by a squeaker of a victory in Game 2, 101-98.

The 20th staging of the PPL, amidst the fierce competition, saw two main stories unfold, both bearing the nature of revenge. The remedial kings would attempt a comeback to the top in season 22, winning 16 games which were good enough to win the Great 8 #1 seed. They were to face again Celestial Wrath, who were also on their own path to redemption after only winning 12 games and losing the tiebreaker for the #4 seed to memongs the season before. But unlike the fate of their previous franchise name, Celestial Wrath ceased the moment to avenge their ribonucleic roots, winning the series in convincing fashion, sweeping the kings in two games.

This Post:
14411.324 in reply to 14411.323
Date: 4/28/2013 5:58:40 AM
Talisay Lechoneros
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
bale 7 PPL title each si Jsmoove at RK?

This Post:
14411.325 in reply to 14411.324
Date: 4/29/2013 1:14:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
RK won 6 PPL titles while the franchise of JSmoove has 6 titles as well (5 titles as ribonucleic acid, 1 as Celestial Wrath).

This Post:
14411.326 in reply to 14411.325
Date: 4/29/2013 8:05:10 AM
Talisay Lechoneros
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
so bale 7 na si JS 6 lang si RK? kelan kaya matitigil rings ni js? PILIPINAS GISING! hehehe.. no offense js.

This Post:
14411.327 in reply to 14411.326
Date: 4/29/2013 8:50:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Pilný unleashed!

The 25 year-old Slovenian Forward completed his move to Celestial and spoke glowingly about the club's history and the opportunity to play for the side.

At his press conference unveiling, it was revealed that Leopold Pilný would be taking the No. 8 shirt for the remaining matches of the current campaign. Leopold made his decision to join Celestial very clear. "I've taken the No. 8 shirt because I'm here to win an 8th title with Celestial."

"When I have to make tough decisions in my life I listen to the little boy inside me. That little boy was screaming Celestial Wrath!"

"Celestial breathes class and elegance. This club is the perfect match for me. This will add a thousand points to my attractiveness too, not that I need it," while flashing his playboy smile.

"This is a big challenge for me, which I'm looking forward to. I am proud to be here & look forward to achieving big things."

Meanwhile, there is a rumor circulating as to the reason why the Celestial legends [Abada and Dabandan] have been performing poorly during the NT games. The two players are playing abroad now, and it has been going around that the two players were forced to fly using economy class tickets only, when they were used to flying private jets at their former team. They were also given tickets to fly at the same day as their matches, causing match fatigue.

When the National team manager was asked as to why this happened, he cited budget reasons. It has been known that a certain newcomer has numerous demands, and the manager gives in to his whims. The said player is known for having his personal team of makeup artists and has been a frequent visitor of manicures and pedicures around the city.

This Post:
14411.328 in reply to 14411.327
Date: 4/30/2013 10:00:50 PM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
Dahlia Mavericks getting 'healthy', defeats D Brothers 108-97
Q. Arena, Fairview, Philippines -- It's been a challenging year thus far for the Mavs as they were at the bottom of the standings in the Big 8.

They were up against respected opponent D Brothers led by team owner Iking who joked in their previous encounter for the Mavs to lose this game.

The Mavs got off to a slow start trailing D Brothers 31-22 in the first. They were 'unconscious' in the 2nd as they scored 41 points compared to D Brothers 24 leading the half with eight points, 63-55. They never looked back as they halted every Brothers rally matching point-by-point and ultimately winning 108-97.

"We are fighting for our survival so from hereon, we'll play our game as if it is our last," GM Nicolo Maro said. "no easy game Ik's, we'll try to win as much game to end the season."

Three Mavs player had a double-double with Scott Famaran scoring 31 points and 16 rebounds. Apolonio Sepulveda who 'deferred' to his teammate complimented him with 22 points, 15 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 blocks.

"Can they co-exist? They should. We are looking for capable players to ably support them as we are determined to make our twin-towers work" GM Nicolo said.

From modeling their team with the Utah Jazz, the Mavs are leaning towards the San Antonio Spurs as they have their Admiral and TD in Fama and "Conyo". They said that they will ride these two until they retire. One joked and said "they should model themselves with the Dallas Mavericks, afterall, they're the Dahlia Mavericks.

Fillmore Sabangan also filled in with 13 points and 10 rebounds while Teodosio Amante chipped in with 16 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists.

Ken Valdez led D Brothers scoring 29 points and grabbing 9 boards. His back-court tandem Shavit Galili had a dismal 8-29 FG shooting en route to 19 points.

GM Iking cries foul as the Mavs went to the line 42 times (converting 29 points) while his team attempted only 12. "Now that's what you call home court advantage!" he said sarcastically.

The win moves the Mavs (5-10) a notch higher in the standings eking it over Palengke Brawlers (4-11) who is dangerous despite their record as they are still in contention in the Cup.

With seven games left in the season, will the Mavs remain and compete in the Premier League or will they seriously consider and rebuild?

This Post:
14411.329 in reply to 14411.310
Date: 5/2/2013 10:44:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
ayos sa bb thread nabuhay ,,, oks!!!

This Post:
14411.330 in reply to 14411.329
Date: 5/21/2013 9:02:18 AM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
Mavs survives 8th seed, defeats Memongs 112-96

Q. Arena, Fairview, Philippines -- The Mavs didn't want to leave the Philippine Premier League just yet. With one more win than Brawlers entering the game, they felt uneasy but with enough confidence that they can fend them off for the chance at a relegation match against a Great 8 team.

Led by Apolonio "Conyo" Sepulveda, the Mavs were firing from all cylinders right from the start to take a 55-46 lead at the half - a rarity for them this season. They continued their pace and scored 39 points in the third to take a commanding 18-point lead entering the 4th which all but secured the Mavs 'stay' in the PPL.

During the game, Arcanix Men team owner Junnix informed the Mavs GM that if they can secure the 7th spot, he'll be up against a suddenly-defunct team in WPS Sentinel.

All were surprised with the sudden departure as d brothers ikings and JSmoove chimed in with Maro and Junnix on what happened with that team -- this all but secured the Mavs stay in the PPL as they will be facing a bot team as Palengke Brawlers can't take the tie-breaker with a game left.

"Conyo" led the Mavs with 26 points and 15 rebounds in 80% shooting (12-15) in 36 minutes. Teodosio Amante coming off-the-bench supported him with 23 points, 5 rebounds & 5 assists in 50% FG (11-22).

Fillmore Sabangan added 15 points and 7 assists while Scott Famaran also had a double-double with 15 points and 11 boards.

Memongs fielded a short rotation with 7 players led by Edralin Chiong with 27 points in 33 attempts. Benjamin Poirier chipped in with 18 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists for their squad.

Although Memongs were given 26 free throws (making 20); the Mavs dominated the board with 56 compared to their 31 caroms.

The Mavs final game will be against Big 8 1st seed Manila Bombers on a national televised game at their home and they promised to give their fans a show. It will have no implications on them but will surely give the Bombers jitters as a loss to the Mavs and a win by the Wrath against Men may propel the Wrath to take the 1st seed.

Men, at home, would also like to win against the Wrath as a loss by the All Star and a win for them will give them a chance to make the playoffs as the 4th seed. Memongs still has a shot at the playoffs provided they win by a wide margin against the Brawlers and the All Star and the Men lose significantly against their opponents.

There will also be interesting matchup in the final games of Great 8 teams as Jungle Bolo .45 will be at home against Lonely Hearts Club 21-0 record. Not only would they love to tarnish it by giving them the "L" but to also fend off ikings d brothers who would love to barge in the playoffs with a guaranteed win against Another Round.

DoG is all but assured of the third seed with a matchup against Remedial Kings who will do remedial classes in Division II.

This Post:
14411.331 in reply to 14411.330
Date: 5/26/2013 3:11:57 AM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
Dahlia Mavericks end season 23 with a 7-15 record

Q. Arena, Fairview, Philippines -- The Dahlia Mavericks gave their all in front of a sellout crowd of 18,988 in their finale as they hosted PPL Big 8 1st seed Manila Bombers.

Although there is no implication for them (Mavs), they wanted to treat their fans for their unwavering support during this trying season. It was a high-scoring affair that those who came in attendance saw the distinct games of the two competitors: The Bombers fired away from distance while the Mavs pounded the ball inside.

The Mavs ended up losing 115-122 that only proves the Bombers deserve their 1st place seeding in the Big 8.

Apolonio "Conyo" Sepulveda led the Mavs with 25 points and 8 rebounds clearly wanting to win this game for their fans. "Before the game, we were contemplating whether to let our young guys do their thing or play spoilers -- we chose the latter." Sepu said sheepishly. "but, it just shows that we are behind among our peers. We will return better next season."

Veteran Ananias Capuyan who has so much pride in him had 21 points, 6 assists and 4 steals but it wasn't enough to stop the onslaught of Achille Caetta and Xiao Kangbo who scored 26 and 22 points respectively.

Lui Tze Ee added 22 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists while Danny Conley got the better of Scott Famaran with 20 points and 10 rebounds as Fama was plagued with foul trouble the entire game but managed to chip in 10 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks in just 17 minutes.

The fans got a glimpse of the Mavs 'future' as they started Claudio Regala to experience playing in one of the biggest stage in the game -- at home, season finale, in front of a soldout crowd.

AJ Magoncia fared better as well as he put 14 points in just 12 minutes all pointing towards a positive feeling heading to the next season.

"We didn't know what happened to our counterparts in the Great 8 (referring to WPS Sentinel and Another Round) but it's always sad to see someone going away," GM Nicolo Maro said. "It would have been exciting to compete in a relegation match with no guarantee of staying in the Premier League but we'll take it -- that we're safe."

As for their immediate plans in the future? Mavs GM Nicolo said that they are committed to develop Regala and Sepulveda not just for the benefit of their team but for the country as well. "If we played our cards well, Sepu should be the best big man for the Philippines and Regala should be one of the best guards as well."

Notes:
Jungle Bolo .45 blemished Lonely Hearts Club perfect season by winning 111-99 in the Jingle. The Bolo fielded on 7 players which proved to be effective to make LHC's record 21-1. It looks like LHC's composure isn't shaken as they will be facing the same team in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Perhaps giving their all just to make the playoffs is worth it. If they didn't, d brothers would have made it. Will they pull another upset against LHC in a one and done matchup?

Asked for his opinion, the Mavs GM said "although I love to see upsets, us [Mavs] being underdogs most of the time, there is no way they can stop the onslaught of the Hearts. We would have done the same just to barge in the playoffs."

Advertisement