14411.409 in reply to 14411.408
Date: 4/12/2014 7:42:44 AM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
Elusive first win, So Akward Players nips Cresta Mountaineers by a point

Vulcan Arena, Fairview -- "We felt that we need to issue a release with an exciting match earlier," Chief Communications Officer Teri said. "yeah we were thrilled but we came up short."

Prior to this game, the Mountaineers were not compelled to issue something since it's still the start of the season and they're comfortable being mum about it. Losing against Sagada Sepelunkers and New Oagas Society is not an isssue but the surprise performance against Awkward Players will definitely not go unnoticed.

The management arrived just in time at the start of the fourth and they were actually surprised with the teams performance. They were trailing 68-74.

They even took the lead with about five minutes left and fended the Players rally for about four minutes. However, with about a minute left Bandar Garganera regained the lead for Players via Odoacre Petta's pass for a 94-93 lead.

One very noticeable difference was that when the Mountaineers took the lead, Geonanga attempted like five- maybe even six possession - all missed.

But the Mountaineers didn't go down without a fight, it was an interesting twenty seconds for both esp. the last seven seconds as Teodosio Amante made a three-pointer, 97-98.

They fouled Golfin who missed both free throws and the last shot is theirs for the taking.

With Amante hitting the three, he was then subbed out for Marion Pacete. He pulled out for the game-winning shoot.. missed! Players squeaked a win, 98-97.

What key the eye of the Mountaineers is they're right there! Both game-day preparation turned out to be the opposite, away from home, yet they lost by a point. They felt that it will just be a matter of time to get their first W and get it going.

The dymanic-duo of Fillmore Sabangan had a game-high 33 points and Renald Geonanga with 31. Both shot not lass than 50% from the field but it hurts as Geo missed those crucial shots down the stretch.

"Man, I feel really bad. I was playing well, management came just in the fourth, yet I couldn't deliver," Geo said.

The other two starters Marion Pacete had 14 points and 8 assists to pace them team while Rennor Villegas was the overall glue-guy with 13 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists.

The other starter Steve Valle failed to register a single point while playing 37 minutes but he is not to blame either for the loss - no one.

Garganera led Players with a double-double registering 29 points and 15 rebounds Paolo Quinay scored his way with 20 points.

They have almost identical statistics in different categories but it all came down to that one last shot that could have been the difference for both teams.

"The game excited me," GM Nicolo Maro said. "if you look at our history, we usually start slow in the season. We pick it up midway but ends up getting ravaged by injuries before the finish line."

"It'll just be a matter of time before we get the W," Coach Doc said.

This Post:
14411.410 in reply to 14411.409
Date: 4/15/2014 7:31:04 AM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
Cresta Verde Mountaineers defeats Skyville 112-99 to notch first win

Vulcan Arena, Fairview -- There's no denying the Mountaineers this time as they felt a win is just around the corner against Skyville in the national televised game.

"We tend to focus on the important games that sometimes, we coast in some," GM Nicolo said prior to the game.

It was a tight game as the Mountaineers barely got the lead in the first-half scoring a buzzer beating three by Teodosio Amante to go up 56-53 against Skyville. One notable though, at this point, was Skyville stalwart Ric Gallart already had four fouls.

In the third quarter, he managed to stay in the game and at the end of it, both teams were tied at 78-all with a buzzer-beating three this time by Daniel Opalak.

Four minutes into the fourth, Skyville's defensive anchor Gallart got fouled-out that proved to be the difference as the Mountaineers were able to score 34 points against Skyville's 21 points output in the fourth for the final score of 112-99.

"Gallart's fouling out was the key, they had no interior presence from then on," GM Nicolo Maro said.

Three Mountaineers player had a double-double led by Renald Geonanga's 26 points and 15 rebounds.

Marion Pacete paced them with a career-high 14 assists to go along with 18 points. "Really I'm dumbfounded why he can't have double digit assist with so much talent," owner Yo Chi quipped.

Rennor Villegas with his efficient play produced 18 points and 13 rebounds while Teodosio Amante was red-hot off the bench scoring 11 points in under six minutes.

"Just providing that Swaggy lift," Amante said.

Renzo Tamburini led Skyville with a game-high 31 points and 12 rebounds but he also fouled-out. Opalak had a good all around game with 24 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists while Gallart notched 23 points and 13 rebounds in 33 minutes.

"Balanced offense and talent of the Mountaineers proved the difference on this one," Skyville coach said.

Both teams were actually even in the statistics category but one glaring difference was that the Mountaineers were more aggressive as they went to the line 36 times converting 27 compared to 10/14 attempts by Skyville.

Also, the Mountaineers had more rebounds (+7) and less turnover (-6) than their counterpart.

This Post:
14411.411 in reply to 14411.410
Date: 4/20/2014 5:56:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
MadrineAdmirals dominates TeamFT in Ugalde's last game(69503900)

The MarineAdmirals (MAD) never held back as they cruised to a lopsided 57-125 win against TeamFT (TEA). MAD played great offense and defense as they dominated TEA in every stat line. A. Cotugno led MAD with a double-double posting 25pts (10/15 FG), 14Rebs, 3Asts, 2Stls and 2Blks. Beni Villegas making his 1st start in a league game made the most of the opportunity, getting 10pts (5/8 FG), 6Rebs, 6Asts and 1Blk. TEA was led by M. Pacheco with 17pts. Playing his last game for MAD, G. Ugalde posted 24pts (8/11 FG, 8/9 FT shooting), 9Rebs, 3Asts and 1Blk in 33 minutes. The win keeps MAD ahead in the standings with a 5-0 record, things may change drastically in the following weeks though.

G. Ugalde played with MAD for 5 seasons averaging double-doubles and leading the team into 4 Playoff appearances in the PPL. He had been on the trade market for a long time, he himself was not surprised about the move. "I knew this would eventually happen. I knew it since the end of last season. I love this team, I'm glad to have played for MAD; I understand that things like this happen. I am thankful to the management, to the coaches, to my teammates and of course to the fans. I am grateful that the management thought of me much, and sent me to a team and a league where I can compete at a high level." Ugalde said in the postgame interview. He now plays for Meerkats in League A Grupa, the premiere league of Bulgaria. "Hey Ash you're next! Hahaha! Just kidding!" added jokingly by Ugalde.

"We thank Gilbert for all his effort and dedication to the team. He had been a valuable part of the team; his all-around play will surely be missed. With the financial constraints the management is experiencing after getting relegated from the PPL we could no longer keep the current roster; we felt that we needed to do this move. Aside from the low revenue, the luxury tax is killing us. Additional moves will be made until things stabilize." wizard535 said.

Last edited by wizard535 at 4/20/2014 5:58:21 AM

This Post:
14411.412 in reply to 14411.402
Date: 7/9/2014 7:55:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it nice to be back,

disappointment and frustration, that is the feeling of ferdinand facto when their team (d brothers) is elimanated from the premier phillipine league on season 26 by the prominent team, "celestrial wrath". Barak which has a salary of 202k has been absent in the 3 games relegation series, ( game 1, foul trouble, game 2&3, injured) which have cause the team eliminated from the league, manager iking aims to eliminate the team of jsmoove because his team is not yet experienced being lower league. but it is failure. season 27 has come out and d'brothers is back on league 2.2. New season new hope new experince and new trophy, that was the objective of the team at season 27. During this season, the team reached quarter finals in the philippine cup and eliminated by the m & s mechanical team (ppl) but the team has reign again as the champion of league 2.2

team manager iking said to the press that " we are back and we are very excited to compete again with the champions. It is a pressure in our part because the team rank no. 5 in the phillipines despite of being newly promoted, but we are ready to compete,. to the ppl team out there, remember our team"

ferdinand facto said also to the press that "we are not just ready to compete, but we are ready to win, to the team who eliminate us, we're not done yet."

the team will have a grand parade at candon city, ilocos sur tomorrow at 5 am and invite the black stallion team to celebrate with us and play an scrimage game at 5.30 pm. The first game will be on july 12. sat at 530 pm in guerilla zone

see you ther fans!

Last edited by dan03 at 7/9/2014 7:59:42 AM

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Advertisement