This Post:
14411.452 in reply to 14411.451
Date: 5/3/2015 8:58:02 AM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
Tinatamad ako gumawa ng 'press release'. Anyway, this is one of the best - if not the best - game of my franchise (despite being in Division III).

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/82691835/boxscore.aspx)

This Post:
14411.453 in reply to 14411.452
Date: 5/4/2015 10:46:42 AM
Gwapsak
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hand Zanitizers
epic match yan idol ah ....

This Post:
14411.454 in reply to 14411.453
Date: 5/29/2015 6:07:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ravena establishes new scoring record in epic Cup win

Philippine National Tournament Round 4
Bacoor Blades @ PhilippinePride
18:05

In what could be considered an epic game, it is only fitting that a record was set in its midst.

Raphael Ravena, in just his second game back from a week-long injury, created history as he established a new scoring high for a Bacoor Blade with 72 points, including crucial baskets down the wire, in an overtime victory, 164-156, against PhilippinePride at the Mall of Asia Arena to help the team advance to Round 5 of the National Tournament.

A high-octane game from the get-go, the Blades and the Pride were exchanging baskets from the first quarter on, with the Blades eking out a 36-34 lead after one. But the Pride bounced back in the second and thru the efforts of Leandro Cui, the hosts took the lead at halftime, 69-67.

The torrid exchange went on for the rest of the second half, up until the last few seconds of regulation. With just 17 seconds remaining, the Blades were down by four, 137-133. After calling a timeout, Arthur Jeter nailed a three pointer with 11 seconds to go. Blades played the foul game but Juan Ocón made both of his freethrows to increase the gap to three, 139-136.

Despite having a timeout remaining TheDogMan elected to keep the game going, which started to look like a bad idea as they could not find a good shot. Out of desparation, Ravena fired a three pointer with a second to go over the outstretched arms of Ocón and connected to tie the game. A successful defensive stand saw the Blades prevent a driving layup attempt by Cui from going in, affirming the extra session.

In overtime, Baltazar Sotero and Ravena connived to give the Blades the early edge before Arthur Jeter nailed a three to make it 156-145 with over 90 seconds to go. With the game nearing the end the chances of a comeback was becoming bleak for the hosts.

Aside from the scoring record, Ravena also had eight assists and four rebounds across his name. Jeter had a monster performance as well, flirting with a triple-double with 41 points, 18 rebounds and nine assists. Sotero rounded up what weirdly enough as the only three double-digit scorers for Bacoor. In contrast, it was a team scoring effort for the hosts, with four of their players scoring at least 30 points.

"It's an amazing achievement." said team manager TheDogMan. "We were asking him before the game if he's okay."

"I guess he's okay." he further added.

"Hindi ako makapaniwala na nagawa ko 'to." Ravena admitted. "Sa sobrang bilis ng takbo ng laro hindi ko na napapansin yung score ko."

The Blades will return to League action next as they face Great 8 team Baltimore Murderers.

This Post:
14411.455 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 8/1/2015 7:16:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Curse is Over

After 15 long seasons in league 2.4 Zebu Mayas finally won the finals in their third try defeating Philippine Pirates in a two game sweep. Long time suffering fans were jumping like crazy as their team finally graduates from league two to the PPL after all these seasons of trying. Lolo Smithz was calm and composed as he was mobbed by players and given a congratulatory ride.

Interviewed by reporters Lolo Smithz was seen wiping tears of joy and had this to say. "The "Forever 2.4" curse has finally been broken today. 15 seasons in league 2 is a record of sorts in BB Pilipinas that will be hard to break. I wish no team will go through the same suffering season after season wondering when will their team ever succeed in winning it all and go up in league."

"Next season will be a challenge. Whether or not we will succeed in surviving the top league time will tell. One game at a time. Thanks to the BB Gods who finally took pity on this suffering old man."

This Post:
14411.456 in reply to 14411.455
Date: 8/1/2015 8:15:07 AM
Fuji Rising Sun
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dahlia Mavericks
Happy for you man! Congratulations!! I lost to madafucka dakdakers. He swept our division III.

This Post:
14411.458 in reply to 14411.457
Date: 8/18/2015 2:09:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Ghost of the Blades: A Primer

Departures: Raphael Ravena, Baltazar Sotero, Graciano Sales

Additions:
Transferees: Dendo Jardeleza, Dello Pizarra, Abdul Sakkar Molanida, Jessie Orejola
Draftees: Kurtis Willis, Uri Montero, Graham Nadal

Holdovers: Luke Andrade, Cyro delos Santos, Zhou Honggui, Arthur Jeter, Pepito Orale

The Bacoor Blades re-emerged from mediocrity last season only to fall back into the same playoff pattern.

Since notching back-to-back League Finals appearances in Seasons 26 and 27, the Cavite five have had ups and downs. They returned to the knockout stages after a season’s absence wielding an 18-4 card, tied for the best record in the League. But the Blades looked tentative to begin proceedings; after getting pummeled early in their clash against #4 seed DLS Heat, they clawed back and won the game, 102-97. But they ultimately got booted out of contention when they allowed themselves to fall by as many as 15 points in the game before falling short in their comeback attempt to defeat second seed Ding-a-lings, 119-117.

“It was an uncanny season” said team manager TheDogMan. “It was the season that would test if our revamped approach would work and it did show some potential up to this point”.

What he was mentioning though was the team’s sudden inclination to acquire tried and tested local veterans to try and get them over the hump: a move that they started almost two seasons ago.

The move received mixed reviews, being that although the talent on the court is relatable to the Bacoor community given that they’re locals, the player’s ages meant that they had a shorter shelf life as compared to younger, foreign players that was done in the past by the Blades.

“It did expose us to a more frequent player turnover than before” admitted TheDogMan. “Usually, we’d have four or five guys that we holdover for a long period of time and we try to provide them with pieces to work around with.”

“Now we’re like a revolving door with players coming and going quicker than before.”

The Blades’ gaffer seemed to have admitted this flaw and addressed it with the acquisition of young talent from the transfer market, with the likes of Pizarra, Molanida and Orejola in an attempt to build a foundation for the future.

“There should always be young talent to try and contemplate the veterans in the game. These past few seasons since we began this approach there has been a high level of professionalism in the locker room. But since there are no young talent to try and absorb the knowledge and experience of the older guys, it has been a feedback-less atmosphere.”

But the biggest splash of the offseason for the Cavite-based franchise is the departure of arguably the most experienced backcourt rotation in the League of Sotero, Sales and Ravena, all in one swoop.

“We made the tough decision of letting them go for we thought that the transfer market, as well as the draft pool that was to come, would better fill in the void that those three would leave behind.” TheDogMan justified. “These are painful pills to swallow, but it is what’s needed. Change is inevitable and as good of a ride that this team had last season, it was time to move on.”

The reins to be left behind by lead guard Ravena shall now be handed over to blue-chip acquisition Dendo Jardeleza, who has expressed his excitement over the prospect.

“Yung makauwi ka sa Pilipinas para makapaglaro sa isang koponan na bibigyan ka ng pagkakataong kagaya ng ganito. Masarap sa pakiramdam.” said the 37-year old veteran, who last played in China.

“Naintindihan ko na yung papalitan ko magaling, pero susubukan kong punan kung ano man ang nagawa nya para sa team na ‘to.” he further added.

The challenge now for TheDogMan is to try and balance the veteran capabilities and vigorous youth that has now become the composition of his roster for his 9th season in League III.13

This Post:
14411.459 in reply to 14411.458
Date: 8/18/2015 2:29:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Jardeleza explodes, but Andrade bails out Blades with BuzzerBeater for third League win

League III.13 Elimination Round
Bacoor Blades @ Barangay Pilipinas
Philippine Team Arena

In what could only be considered a very frantic affair, the Bacoor Blades came back from being down 18 at the half to stealing the game away from Barangay Pilipinas, 100-98, in front of a capacity crowd at Philippine Team Arena.

The Blades got downed early. Flattened by the furious offense of the hosts, the Cavite five saw themselves at the short end of the scoreboard, 29-14. Though they got better offense by the second canto, they were still defending poorly with Barangay Pilipinas still winning the quarter 23-20 for a halftime spread of 52-34.

Despite the absence of key guard Edward Clark, Barangay Pilipinas banked on the hot shooting of young Giedrius Chalkovskis and Bernabe Daniel Estebal to will them over.

But though it seemed bleak at the time, Dendo Jardeleza led the way as the Blades slowly trimmed the lead in the third. But the effort was yet to be desired as 36 minutes of play ended with Bacoor still down 14, 73-59.

Jardeleza’s stellar play would spill onto the final period, with Luke Andrade providing a steady presence on the offensive end. The newly-acquired guard would enter the final period with just 17 points to his name, but a 28-point explosion saw him lead the Blades in their comeback in the final minutes of the game.

Just after the final two minute warning was being announced, Jardeleza would nail a three to cut it to 89-92 for the hosts. Tozé Duarte connects on an and-one play to extend it to 89-95. Jardeleza would nail back-to-back three pointers to seize the lead at 97-95. Chalkovskis connects with a three to retake the lead at 97-98, setting up the most crucial sequence of the game.

With just 24 ticks remaining, Blades team manager TheDogMan calls for time, setting up a play for Luke Andrade. But just as he would make his move he sees an open Jardeleza at the elbow, which eventually misses the jumper. As Hagen Misburg corralled the rebound, the Blades were instructed to pressure without fouling, which ended up being the right call as youngster Jessie Orejola stole the pass with less than 10 ticks remaining, after a frantic few seconds, the ball ended up at Andrade’s hands at the corner. And the 35 year-old veteran found the bottom of the net for the final score and the victory.

“This was a crazy game, no doubt.” said TheDogMan. “We were down early but I got to give it to the boys for not quitting. They showed heart today.”

“I’m particularly proud of our young guys, who showed poise despite the cardiac moments.”

When asked about Jardeleza, the Bacoor gaffer had nothing but praises. “What more can you say, he’s showed he can handle the pressure.”

“Ang gulo ng laro.” Jardeleza, who had 45 points, frankly admitted. “Nung una, konti lang pumapasok sa mga tira ko, so pinili ko ng maigi yung mga tira ko. Hindi pala dapat ganun ginawa ko.”

“Buti nalang pumasok yung tira ni Luke. Sya yung katuwang ko sa opensa buong laro.” Jardeleza praising Andrade.

“Bigla syang uminit, kahit kami hindi kami makapaniwala.” said Andrade, who ended up with 34 points and 10 rebounds. “Alam naming kaya nya pumuntos, pero yung ganung sunud-sunod, bigla na lang uminit yung kamay nya grabe.”

When asked about his game-winner, all he could do was shake his head.

“Di ko alam. Basta binato ko na lang. Umasa ako na pumasok kasi pina-praktis ko naman yung tirang yun eh.”

The victory gave them a 3-1 card, allowing them to overtake Barangay Pilipinas to 3rd place in the Big 8 standings. The Cavite-based squad shall take on mapor in their second round Cup assignment before resuming their League campaign against CLeaveLand Cavaliers Atlanta Hawks at The Bacoor Forum over the weekend.

Last edited by TheDogMan at 8/18/2015 2:31:20 PM

This Post:
14411.460 in reply to 14411.459
Date: 10/19/2015 10:01:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I feel like this part of the forum is dead and I want to revive this and hopefully the people will write their own press articles here again :)

The Return of KVI98

It has been months that KVI98 (formerly known as Pokefan) has formally announced his resignation from Pokemon BC. The media was saying that KVI98 retired from the game due to his frustration of his old side. KVI98 declined to comment about his decision of letting go of his former team and his star player Nigell Fainsan (former U21 Starting PG).

But recently, the Sootopolis Jellicents had to let go their previous GM due to his activity and had to find a replacement as soon as possible, they contacted KVI98 to hopefully accept the job and comeback to the game. After a few days of thinking, KVI98 ultimately decided to return to the game that he love and build this team from scratch. This is what he had to say, "I know I have been out from this game for a couple of months already, sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't, what matters now is to build this side into a competitive one. I know that it takes a long time to fix this side, but I am dedicated to help this side to be promoted to division one."

When the BuzzerBeater commission finally allowed KVI98 to buy some players, he didn't waste time and bought players that would fit in his puzzle. In the first day of transfers of this new side, KVI98 bought 3 players and the most significant player of those 3 signings is the 21 years old Point Guard from Spain, Josías Flaquer. "I believe that this player has the potential to help the Jellicents to improve in this dying part of the season, we are going to stick with him until the end of the season since we are hoping to draft someone who will be a great asset for the team for the future," said KVI98. The media asked KVI98 about having youngsters running the team again like he did during his time with Pokemon BC. KVI98 said, "I believe these youngsters are always the future for my side, look at Nigell now, he is enjoying a 70k contract with his new side and when he was 21 years old, he lead my squad in my division III campaign." The media asks about his support to the National Teams of the Philippines, he had this to say "I will always be loyal to the national team of the Philippines no matter what, I will hopefully draft someone good this season so that I would train him to be a valuable asset to the team."

In the first game of the Sootopolis Jellicents, they lost 75-105. KVI98 expected the lost and he is just trying to test out the new squad that he is handling. He is expecting new things that will happen to this side during the next season and claims that the future is bright for the Jellicents.

Comments and criticisms are always accepted, hopefully my writings will become better as I write more (If I don't get lazy writing these stuff.)

This Post:
14411.461 in reply to 14411.460
Date: 11/7/2015 11:01:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Date with Destiny: Blades win Game 2 to seal title

After nine seasons in the League, the Bacoor Blades finally won the title after defeating fellow finalist Black fox, 102-87, wrapping the series up 2-0, at The Bacoor Forum.

Coming off a gutsy performance in Game 1, where they managed to pull it off in the endgame, the Blades went back home to try and seal the deal. And they were received by 16,995 fans wanting a celebration on their home floor.
But the visitors were looking to postpone the party.

In a hotly-contested opening period, it was Black fox’s Boen Santiago that proved to be the difference, leading his team with 10 first quarter points. Black fox went on an 8-0 run over the last two minutes of the period to take the lead, 28-20.

The second quarter saw the visitors pummel the Blades, with the lead going as high as 12 points, 34-22. But the Cavite five, led by Dendo Jardeleza and Luke Andrade, ignited a 15-2 run to take the lead 37-36. But Black fox were able to wrestle the lead back from the hosts, though the game was made a lot closer entering the halfway mark, 46-43.
The third quarter saw the two League powerhouses exchange blows like prized fighters, with Black fox managing to hold on to a precarious one-point lead, 66-65.

To make matters worse, Luke Andrade fouled out in the 8:22 mark of the final period, which left Zhou Honggui to hold the fort for the Blades. But the partnership of Jardeleza and Rodney Tronco carried the way for Bacoor. The game would again enter into a cardiac climax just like Game 1, with Black fox trying to extend the game by fouling. And true to form, Tronco and Alex Arboleda reprised their roles by connecting clutch freethrows late to seal their second championship for good.

Jardeleza got his bounce-back performance of 27 points, 8 rebounds and six assists. Tronco backed him up with 24 points of his own. Andrade scored 23 before being disqualified.

Boen Santiago went on to score 27 points and 16 rebounds for Black fox, while newly-crowned MVP Oliver Velasco scored 26 in a gallant effort to try and extend the series to a do-or-die decider.

“We finally did it. This is very memorable. After what happened last season, this is sweet redemption.” Said team manager TheDogMan as the mix of balloons and confetti showered the entire arena. “These guys showed grit and composure in times of adversity. In Game 1 when Dendo fouled out and here tonight when Luke fouled out, they showed the same toughness and character. I’m very proud of what they’ve accomplished this season.”

“Nagawa rin namin. Nag-champion din kami.” Said Andrade, whose frustration late in the game turned to jubilation when the final buzzer sounded.

“Eto yung gusto ng Bacoor community. Nakakatuwa at nabigay namin ito sa kanila.” Said Jardeleza. “Unang season ko palang dito pero pinaramdam agad nila na welcome ako rito. Ganun din sila sa iba pang mga bagong dumating. Na-appreciate nila yung mga players kaya napakaganda sa pakiramdam na masuklian namin yung suporta nila.”

Despite wielding identical 20-2 records with Black fox, the Blades lost home-court advantage due to point differential. But it proved to be a blessing in disguise as the Cavite-based squad would be able to win the title on home soil in Game 2.

“I would like to congratulate Black fox and their manager, Borrju01 for a great title series. It was a clash between the two best teams in the League and it was a spectacular encounter. They’ll remain to be a formidable force next season with that lineup, led by League MVP Oliver Velasco.” Said TheDogMan.

Aside from the championship, the Blades are also awarded promotion to Division II, where the level of competition is raised a notch higher and the challenges get even harder.

“Let’s enjoy this for now. It still hasn’t sunk in yet.” Added the Blades’ gaffer. “There will come a point where I will have to think of that. But for now, I’ll just let the boys celebrate this achievement.”

Advertisement