Set priority
Show messages by
Message deleted
This Post:
304302.68 in reply to 304302.65
Date: 6/12/2020 1:41:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Very clever idea, I love it!

Since there is an issue with B3, NT and Tournament scheduling we could mantain the 14 weeks per season by making relegation and finals series a best of 7, also 1st and 2nd round of play-offs a bo5 series. The 8th seeded teams could scrimmage each other twice a week until the finals are over without paying salaries, same for the eliminated teams from the play-offs and the play-out teams. That way every team can have at least 2 games for training each week. Maximum amount of games played until a team wins the finals would be 17, right now its 5, that means we are adding 4 extra weeks in the 10 that Joe suggested!

Downside to this would be that offseason would feel very long for 8th seeded teams and eliminated teams in the 1st round of play-offs, but I think its realistic if you consider what's happening in almost every league around the real world with teams either having a deep play-off run in the postseason or getting eliminated early, while the rest of the teams are just having a longer offseason. This would raise competition during the regular season and make tanking a lot less appealing since boredom factor would kick in to managers that would have to play only scrimmages for 4 weeks!

Last edited by Nick Manetos at 6/12/2020 1:47:29 PM

This Post:
304302.71 in reply to 304302.69
Date: 6/12/2020 3:05:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah its true that boredom would be too much but my mini-suggestion is in case Marin agrees to Joe's suggestion but can't find a way to adapt the NT, B3 and Tournament schedule to match the proposed schedule.

Advertisement